Anybody get any morel mushrooms yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk about mushrooms got me to thinking today when the wife asked what I wanted for dinner. I went down in the freezer and got out a package of morals ans some vension tenderloin and that made dinner. Going to need more fresh mushrooms shortly

Do you do anything special with the morels before you freeze them?

Yes!

Looking for a dead limb on an Elm and the roots that would be supporting that limb seem to be a spot they like to grow in.

I have found them in Prickly Ash stands also.

Iv'e found healthy looking trees with no dead limbs in the very early stage of death with mushrooms all around the tree to about a 30' radius. Best so far is 22lbs around one tree.

Anybody find any yet...I have heard few reports, but have not seen any myself...

I'm into em out here boys....You guys mentioned dying elm is hot out east. I have seen a few around some orchard here I might just try. I'm always looking to add tricks to my morel hunting bag.

Anybody find any yet...I have heard few reports, but have not seen any myself...

As I stated earlier we've been finding them for about 2 weeks now. Really coming on now and they are starting to get taller. Here is this mornings catch after about 4 hours of hunting.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Over 350 here. Found some gray sponge around some dead elms(7 total) but the rest all snake heads. Total is over 1700 now. The woods we hunt is an early one and just when it ends the next one starts so it works out good ;) They look good in the woods... but better on the dinner plate!

Went to my early spot yesterday evening and found 12 black sponge morels. I'm hitting it again Sunday. This warm up is gonna do some good.

I'm into em out here boys....You guys mentioned dying elm is hot out east. I have seen a few around some orchard here I might just try. I'm always looking to add tricks to my morel hunting bag.

Apple orchards are awsome also!

I found around three dozen around a little pond in the woods. Dipped in egg, rolled in fish batter, fried in butter. Dang they were good. Going out tomorrow on my next hunt....

Went yesterday and nothing here yet. It's supposed to rain for the next 3 or 4 days and then warm up to close to 70. Hope this brings them up.

Latest posts

Back