Anybody get any morel mushrooms yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's been around 28 years since I've done any mushroom hunting.

This thread got the bug started again.

Went out to the farm today. Found lots of very tiny Mayapples. Don't think they are 2" tall yet.
I'm guessing it's just a tad too early.

Yellow Sponge are starting here now.(Thursday the 23rd) Found 3 this morning along with 1 gray and 425 snakeheads. Sure was a pretty site and so fresh they hadn't fully yellowed yet. Total is now 14 sponge and 4619 snakeheads. Some snakeheads were 7 1/2 inches tall and the biggest sponge was just over 5.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yellow Sponge are starting here now.(Thursday the 23rd) Found 3 this morning along with 1 gray and 425 snakeheads. Sure was a pretty site and so fresh they hadn't fully yellowed yet. Total is now 14 sponge and 4619 snakeheads. Some snakeheads were 7 1/2 inches tall and the biggest sponge was just over 5.

Nice.

Took a walk this morning. Lots of "fiddle heads," and small Mayapples. Didn't see a single mushroom.

Guess we'll try again Saturday afternoon.

Got a couple coming up in one of my usual spots behind the Barn.

Still too early, but with all the rain and warmish weather, it should be Porterhouse smothered in Morel and Asparagus sauce by the end of the week!
Woohoo!!!:blob2:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Went yesterday and no luck. Conditions are about right here. I'm going this morning, got to be there first where I go.
I heard a new way (to me) of prepping them. Soak them in salt water for a while and then drop them in flower, salt, and garlic for at least an hour while rolling them around gently. They are supposed to collect alot of flower and look like a powdered doughnut. Then fry them as usual, being careful as you turn them so the batter doesn't fall off.
Usually all or most of the flower either falls off or is cooked off on mine so I can't wait to try this, tonight I hope.

Man, I have been looking & looking.

Oodles of fiddle heads and mayapples. The mayapples are blooming like crazy.

Walked nearly 3 miles yesterday looking for mushrooms.

Is it possible that there are none in our area? Maybe it's still early?

Found a whoppin 15 last night, but they were all 7-8" tall...Was out of town over the weekend when the getting was good...But the one I am eating right now are Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Gooooooooooood.....:cheers:

Latest posts

Back