Anybody know anything about a Husqvarna 445?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only had my 445 for a short time. I bought it new from a farm store and it never oiled the bar from the start. It was sent in for repair twice and both times came back still broke. The farm store contacted a Husky rep and they wanted the saw sent to them to look further into the problem. Husqvarna authorized an upgrade to the 450 at no additional cost. The short run time I did have with it, I liked how light it was, balance felt good, throttle response was okay. As far as cutting power, it lacked that, but so did the 450 that they replaced it with. I ended up grabbing a Dolmar 5100s and just put the 450 on the shelf where it sits to this day with just occasional use.

I have a 435 which is the 445's smaller brother. I like the 435 for what it is. It's light, and it pulls a 16" bar pretty well even when buried right to the spikes. If mine blew up tomorrow, id probably go out and buy another to replace it. Zero complaints aside from it being a bit cold blooded and lacking power until fully warmed up. This can take several minutes and cuts.

I have had excellent luck with my 445. Bought new from a servicing dealer 12 years ago with a 18" .325 bar.

It has not needed one bit of repair. Pulls like a 45cc farmer/rancher saw. That's a sugar maple, in the pic.FrontYardMapleTree 003.JPG

My dad’s had a 445 for years with the same setup as irhunter and it’s been pretty reliable and nice to use. Recently it got a new plug, fuel line/filter, carb kit, and a new air filter as the rubber parts started suffering from ethanol rot and I figured it could use a tune up. A neighbor has one set up with a 16 inch bar and again, no complaints. My brother bought a new one for his small saw and swapped off another new one to a logger for a few of his old saws and both of them have nothing but good things to say about them.

My dad’s had a 445 for years with the same setup as irhunter and it’s been pretty reliable and nice to use. Recently it got a new plug, fuel line/filter, carb kit, and a new air filter as the rubber parts started suffering from ethanol rot and I figured it could use a tune up. A neighbor has one set up with a 16 inch bar and again, no complaints. My brother bought a new one for his small saw and swapped off another new one to a logger for a few of his old saws and both of them have nothing but good things to say about them.
IM A HUGE FAN OF THE OLD IRANGE TOP 44S. BOUGHT A 445 ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO. NICE SAW FOR ITS SIZE. PUT A 16" BAR ON IT WITH A CHISEL CHAIN AND OPENED UP THE MUFFLER. CUT QUITE A BIT OF SMALL TO MEDIUM SIZED DEAD STANDING OAK FOR FIREWOOD WITH IT. GREAT ANTIVIBE. VERY RELIABLE SAW.

I have a 445 that I like. My wife’s uncle has a 450 thats been through a few handle from getting smashed but no reliability issues and knowing him it’s still on it’s original air filter and spark plug.

I've had a 445 for years and have had no problems at all. I'm running it with an 18" bar, in mostly softwood.

I had a 435 for a while, nice saw, but was NOT happy in really hot-humid weather. It was fine otherwise and good power for the cc's. I suppose it's big brother the 445 would be even better but I've never ran one.......

Latest posts

Back