Anybody make their own pistons?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to RCUNIVERSE under Engine Conversions to ask. Those guys do everything to lawn equipment engines to hot rod them. I have seen them talking about changing pistons, build ups and all.

Well,if I fail so be it. i am using the best alum I can, I was building 2 stroke con rods 25 years ago from Titanium. Been cranking handles for30 years, part of it aircraft parts.....65000psi work, CRAP I ASKED IF ANYBODYMADE THEIR OWN PISTONS. I got an outside shot maybe?
Or are you going to fail for me too? The 090 piston is a pretty good print, heck I may build one to test to destruction. All the rest, I do thank you for the info.

Finding someone to re-chrome the cylinder may be as much fun as finding someone who build's their own piston's. And it will need to be re-chromed if it's bored out.

Andy

i think he needs a pat on the back for tha attempt not a way out. like the frst wahoo that ported his saw with a drill and a broken bit'. at least thats what i thought this site was all about, not just cuttin a holein a muffler and calling it modded. ps i hope you can make it work might have some work for you down the road.

So the answer is no.

I'll check the leads this weekend, i will have a little time. Went deer hunting last week at 4am, got one too. Used a Ford Contour, smacked him low and inside. Air bags both went off and then the horn won't shut off, had to look for the right relay to disconnect with my Stihl LED key ring. May I suggest a flashlight.
Rob

Sorry about the rant,I AM MUCH BETTER NOW!

Its OK. I find that non-machinists answer with excuses of why that can't be done. Not their fault really. They can't imagine that someone was responsible for making one in the first place because they don't know how or have the skills themselves. It took a machinist to make the :censored: saw in the first place.

Machinists seem to see possibilities that the rest of us cannot see.

Keep on trying. Waddaya got to lose anyway? Not like there is gonna be a catastrophic disaster if you fail.
:rock:

Last edited:
I have dealt with Wiseco. They would have or make you something. Theirs are forged, so you have an advantage over cast.

Bob

I think straight 7075 is going to let you down.

Modern pistons have a certain amount of silicon in the mix which helps controll expansion.

Without this its going to seize within about 1min, if it dosent shatter first.

Latest posts

Back