anybody need some wood? Nor Cal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn.m

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need to get a lot of my wood cut up into rounds. I have mentioned before I have 70-90 cords in log form.
My thought was if anyone wants to cut wood with me. the deal would be cut wood up into rounds and take half of the rounds we cut.
is this a fair deal? my wife thinks it is too generous.

What kind of wood is it ? Hire some mexicans process it like your thinking & sell enough to get a splitter. Keep the mexicans working sell some more wood enough then to get a pto hydralic dump trailer. Hell after everything is said and done the mexicans will be happy and you'll have 20 g in you pocket after expenses. :chainsaw:

If you both are cutting and in theory bucking the same amount and you are giving him half, then you would be taking what you cut and he would take what he cuts. I don't see the benefit for you unless you just want it off your property. If you gave him 1/4 or 1/3 then you will benefit from his labor IF he's keeping up with you production-wise.

Ian

Last edited:
:bang: Yeah, help some illegals, not another tax paying American:buttkick:

Try to find a guy with a splitter to help, then you both get a good deal.

The bucking should be the easy part.

very few of the helpers - NONE- would be tax paying. Mexican or White. It is pretty much all cash under the table for workers in my area.

I already have a splitter and have about 5 cord processed. I am just trying to get the wood processed faster now. This way I have more to sell come winter time.
Bucking is the hard part. Everything is already in log form sitting in piles. I will have to post some pictures tonight.

1/4 of what is processed sounds pretty good. Could also say a cord of split wood in exchange for a days work. Since a cord of oak is running $200-$225 Picked up that should run about $20 hour for a ten hour day. However, guys who do wood usually have a lot of it sitting around.

Leaning to just hiring someone at $15 hour. If I can find someone at this rate.

LOL, I guess I was having a rough morning.
I use to be a laborer, and have some strong feelings about that stuff.
I think you get my drift

Anyway
I'm sure you could find a local kid (18) to help you out for $15/hour cash.

Maybe try craigslist, it's the new best thing going.

Latest posts

Back