anybody sell firewood on the side? i'm talkin small timers.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ronco, here's a pic of it stacked:

attachment.php

I don't consider myself a pro stacker, but I'm no clod either. I stack it as tightly as I can without causing undue wasted time. I'll get a pic of a single row when I get a chance, not a lot of daylight coming through. I'll stick with my .7 cords, if you can restack it down to .5, that's making it 30% tighter, I'll buy ya beers all night if you can do it!

Will try sending some rep to ya, I'm not so much picking on ya as just being argumentative. This forum wouldn't be any fun at all if everyone agreed all the time!

This is hardly down south.

I burn an add on wood furnace with a humidifier that goes into the ducts 24/7 late fall through winter. My opening will take a 30' by 12" dia log but most of what I burn is standard stuff and like we were talking about earlier....it is going to burn faster than the stuff I would like to burn rather than the stuff I sell. I burn top grade hardwoods....oak, hickory, cherry, sug maple, elm, etc.

It is a pretty big house. I could chase down the sq footage but am too lazy tonight.

Well ,up here we consider that down south..
Yeh,a furnace will eat up a LOT more for sure..
to bad you cant burn the good stuff you sell.
man,,how do you manage to work that hard to get enuf wood to last the winter ?? AND finding all that wood..
Glad i built a small house,,1100 sf and i'm not done with 2 cord yet..keep it 70 deg min but like about 80 deg,like your mom :)
good for you if you can do it..

Well ,up here we consider that down south..
Yeh,a furnace will eat up a LOT more for sure..
to bad you cant burn the good stuff you sell.
man,,how do you manage to work that hard to get enuf wood to last the winter ?? AND finding all that wood..
Glad i built a small house,,1100 sf and i'm not done with 2 cord yet..keep it 70 deg min but like about 80 deg,like your mom :)
good for you if you can do it..

I got a tree service roncoinc with a crane and some other big stuff. I could have a lot more if I had the space. We have sold like I said, about 50 cords this winter.

I know what you mean about the temp. Yesterday the wife is walking around with a big sweater and scarf in the house and the thermostat reads 69. I said you are a big sissy.

I got a tree service roncoinc with a crane and some other big stuff. I could have a lot more if I had the space. We have sold like I said, about 50 cords this winter.

I know what you mean about the temp. Yesterday the wife is walking around with a big sweater and scarf in the house and the thermostat reads 69. I said you are a big sissy.

WOw man,, 69 deg ?? grounds for SPOUSE abuse !!!!
BTW,,cinncy is BELOW the mason dixon line :) SOUTH ! LOL !!!
great postings guys,,a lot of fun..
will spread around what rep i can also..y'all deserve it :)
keep up the good work..and dont forget the OP,he deserves rep also..

yea she likes it about 80 or 85 degrees and i tell ya i'm roasting here. lol but it's good to have it that hot here because of night time it goes out sometimes. but at 10 degrees in some morrings i'm glad to have it hot during the night.

WOw man,, 69 deg ?? grounds for SPOUSE abuse !!!!
BTW,,cinncy is BELOW the mason dixon line :) SOUTH ! LOL !!!
great postings guys,,a lot of fun..

Here's a look at the deep south out my front window a couple of days ago prior to the foot and a half we got and are getting now.

I lived in Buffalo and Canada as a kid and those winters really made you :cry:

attachment.php

Man, they close everything around here with a little dusting like this lol.

yea she likes it about 80 or 85 degrees and i tell ya i'm roasting here. lol but it's good to have it that hot here because of night time it goes out sometimes. but at 10 degrees in some morrings i'm glad to have it hot during the night.

Well,get out a baking sheet and spread out some cookie dough and make some choclate chip cookies !!
85 IS a little on the warm side :)

AND,,actually ,the 4x4x8 rule is only looselly accepted, as the law says 128 cubic feet of WOOD,,not air,only wood..nowhere in any states designation of a cord is air mentioned,only "wood"..

I differ (on the air part anyway). Every reputable description I've ever seen = cord of wood, stacked tightly 4x4x8. At least a hundred trucks in this county with side rails to accomadate a full cord = 4x4x8., though for hauling more like 5x3.5x8 (extree fer the wheel wells) and tightly stacked.

Ive seen commercial sellers sell half cords on pallets 4x4x4. Every layer is turned. Dubious to me in meeting the tightly stacked criteria.

regards. > re-post as I muccked up the paste.

Last edited:
on a lighter note.. man, grass has been greening up most of the winter here. Bulbs are coming out already. One cold snap, all of a week. The winter that wasn't. :cheers:

Well,get out a baking sheet and spread out some cookie dough and make some choclate chip cookies !!
85 IS a little on the warm side :)

i heard that i already made some already and they are hard as heck now. because being in this heat they was soft and good untill they sat on the plate. and they got hard as a brick but they was still god tho with a glass of cold milk lol.

i heard that i already made some already and they are hard as heck now. because being in this heat they was soft and good untill they sat on the plate. and they got hard as a brick but they was still god tho with a glass of cold milk lol.

mine generally go straight from the tube to the mouth eliminating the middle man (er wife)

Here's a look at the deep south out my front window a couple of days ago prior to the foot and a half we got and are getting now.

I lived in Buffalo and Canada as a kid and those winters really made you :cry:

attachment.php

Man, they close everything around here with a little dusting like this lol.

Oh,,almost thot you said you got a foot and a half today !!
You got 7 inches today and my buddy in hamilton measured 10 inches there for today...you prob get another three tomorrow tho..
BTW,i didnt say "deep" south,,only said south :)
i preffer a snowy winter,better insulation and warmer..

heres an interesting link to where a lot of the WX info comes from..

http://www.severe-weather.org/4WARN.html

you probly have a HAM operator in your neighborhood that is involved in this..
i "could" go in and find out who the closest one is to you if i knew your street or grid square..then you could give him the tape measure you use for wood :) LOL !! just kidding !!!

Oh,,almost thot you said you got a foot and a half today !!
You got 7 inches today and my buddy in hamilton measured 10 inches there for today...you prob get another three tomorrow tho..
BTW,i didnt say "deep" south,,only said south :)
i preffer a snowy winter,better insulation and warmer..

heres an interesting link to where a lot of the WX info comes from..

http://www.severe-weather.org/4WARN.html

you probly have a HAM operator in your neighborhood that is involved in this..
i "could" go in and find out who the closest one is to you if i knew your street or grid square..then you could give him the tape measure you use for wood :) LOL !! just kidding !!!

I said "we got and are getting" bout a foot and a half mr. persnikity :)

I think we had four down, we got 10 last night and today (I am in N. suburbs) and we expect to get maybe 3 over night. That adds up to close to a foot and a half in my book.

Here is a current look out the back door....

attachment.php

Where's your boy from in Hamilton? He a treeman?

I have been selling wood for 40 years and I know what a cord is and you understand nothing in regards to what I burn
attachment.php

Here is a little over a cord in my driveway and we have done this about 10 times this winter.

How many ricks can you get in the back of that beemer?

I can fit a MS880 with a 36" bar in my 330I. Should have seen the look on the guys face when I showed up to cut up a big blow down and I pulled that saw and 2 others out of the trunk.

Scott

Back