Anybody used the Timberwolf TW-7 with the box wedge?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberthathaway7

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the timberwolf TW-7 with the box wedge? Seems a little hokie to me, but I know TW is legit, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it? I'm fighting making my own splitter because times are getting hard and I think I just need to sell my parts to pay the bills and keep using my little tractor splitter. I have a 5" cylinder though and it could certainly push through those boxes if TW's 28 ton can. Seems to me like you'd have to do some serious reinforcement though to keep from twisting your beam with those two outside splits being so far from center.

I had one for my business until I sold it. (the business)

It works well for bundled firewood which is what I sold.

You need straight grained wood. The 7 has more than enough power, and you need the power with the box. But if your wood is not straight grained, it will just "explode" the wood and you will end up with a pile of kindling. It is a fast way to process though.

I had one for my business until I sold it. (the business)

It works well for bundled firewood which is what I sold.

You need straight grained wood. The 7 has more than enough power, and you need the power with the box. But if your wood is not straight grained, it will just "explode" the wood and you will end up with a pile of kindling. It is a fast way to process though.

I just saw where you can change the heads out from regular to the box head. Would that be pretty simple and fast to do with a battery powered impact wrench? So you could run through your knotty rounds, slabbing some straight sides off maybe, then switch back to box wedge to work your straight stuff.

I just saw where you can change the heads out from regular to the box head. Would that be pretty simple and fast to do with a battery powered impact wrench? So you could run through your knotty rounds, slabbing some straight sides off maybe, then switch back to box wedge to work your straight stuff.

Didn't use an impact wrench. Takes about 5 minutes with a socket wrench.

Latest posts

Back