Anyone climb on a Omni Block Swivel Pulley?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juicemang

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was looking to get some new gear and came across this guy. Just wondering if anyone ties into a swivel pulley? I'm always ending up with a twist or 2 in my line and I figure I wouldn't get twisted climbing on that.
pul110_01_150.gif

It looks like it would creat a pretty tight bend in the rope. Maybe with a crab, I don't see the benifit on my climbing system though. Pete

if u can attach it to the tip it will work well, if you hookit to your saddle when you load your rope the stretch will cause many many twist on your rope and is just a waste of money

The answers above tell me that they have no idea how that works. Either that or my understanding of it is incorrect. To my knowledge this is alot like the rock exotica swivel. The pulley is attached to a floating bridge found on many different saddles like the buckingham glide or petzl sequoia. You then hook your climbing system to the swivel part. In order to install the rock exotica swivel you have to disassemble your saddle, feed your bridge through it and then reassemble. The rock exotica doesn't float as well on a bridge as a pulley would and hence this seems to be a good option. That being said, it does complicate the system, introduce another point of failure and seems to only be handy if your rope twists so often that its slowing down your climbing.

Hope this helps.

The piece is not designed for use on a bridge.

It's primary use is for rigging mechanical advantage systems for rescue or load hauling.
There's also a double pully with a becket.

Because it's not locking, it's unacceptable for primary life support.

They are supposed to be coming out with a locking version soon.

Last edited:
Sorry I should have been more clear. What I meant was using this as your actual tip. Where your friction saver or rope guide would go.

"Because it's not locking, it's unacceptable for primary life support."
so I guess until a locking one comes out I wont be getting one...

I was looking to get some new gear and came across this guy. Just wondering if anyone ties into a swivel pulley? I'm always ending up with a twist or 2 in my line and I figure I wouldn't get twisted climbing on that.
pul110_01_150.gif

The Rock Exotica swivels are cheaper and better suited to this style of climbing, IMHO.

Back