Anyone climb on Pelican Rope products?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt81

Bliss: Saw full of fuel and yard full of trees!
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has used in the past or even climbs regularly on Pelican Rope climbing lines?
The only Pelican Rope product i have is a 5/8" 15000 lb rated dead eye sling for rigging. It's a well made and strong sling, so i would say their climb lines are good too.

Specifically i am interested in the 13mm (1/2") 16 strand arborist rope and the 11mm (7/16") 24 strand climb ropes. I have been offered one of each of these, brand new, both in a 150' hank for a crazy price. Be good to know if it is good rope to climb on or not.

I was wondering if anyone has used in the past or even climbs regularly on Pelican Rope climbing lines?
The only Pelican Rope product i have is a 5/8" 15000 lb rated dead eye sling for rigging. It's a well made and strong sling, so i would say their climb lines are good too.

Specifically i am interested in the 13mm (1/2") 16 strand arborist rope and the 11mm (7/16") 24 strand climb ropes. I have been offered one of each of these, brand new, both in a 150' hank for a crazy price. Be good to know if it is good rope to climb on or not.
I have just a pelican rope and ain't tried it yet I use Samson or Yale ropes at my job and a R.O.W climber / bucket operator !!! I am getting ready to try it out !! Will post how it works out !!!!

I have just a pelican rope and ain't tried it yet I use Samson or Yale ropes at my job and a R.O.W climber / bucket operator !!! I am getting ready to try it out !! Will post how it works out !!!!
Ok new info on the Pelican rope !! I have used my new one a few times and have no issues !! Seems to be pretty well inline with Samson or Yale ! So far no milking or sheath separation as of now ! I don't bomb out of trees at all that just makes it hard on all your equipment

Latest posts

Back