Anyone collect axes or hatchets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a picture of part of Dennis Harvey's(Grassvalley, Ca) axe and hatchet collection.

Yes....vinegar works good. It removes rust and lightly etches.

GrassvalleyDHCex014.jpg

Here's a picture of part of Dennis Harvey's(Grassvalley, Ca) axe and hatchet collection.

Yes....vinegar works good. It removes rust and lightly etches.

GrassvalleyDHCex014.jpg

WOW!! What a collection. I have a hatchet soaking in vinegar right now. I will post a before and after when its done.

I just went out to the garage and checked the hatchet i have soaking in vinegar. After 24hrs. i was very pleased. I wire brushed it a little and put it back in the vinegar for another day. I'll take it out tommorow and post pics. Thanks for the tips guys. I new i could get some good tips here but was a little leary about posting on the chainsaw forum.

I have about 3/4 of a gallon of mortor and brick cleaner left over from a small brick laying job. It contains hydrocloric acid and was thinking about trying a hatchet in it. Any comments??

Refer back to the posts on muriatic/hydrochloric acid. That is what your brick and mortar cleaner is.

Latest posts

Back