Anyone else have a bad day?!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anthony_Va.

Anthony_Va.

XPW Fan Club
Anthony I'm sure you'll like it better after.

I'm going to order that pro safety handle for it tomorrow from Baileys. I like the looks of it and the way it mounts underneath. Hopefully we'll get it going sometime next week. :rock:

Everything else looks good after I got it tore down. Just alot of dirt to clean out of it. :D

Whistler

Whistler

ArboristSite Operative
Anthony, do you know anyone that TIG welds? I think I'd weld 'er back up at least until a new handle arrives.

My thoughts exactly. . .

Does your gas tank leak ? If so , JB weld works wonders. I have a few inches holding my 372xp together . (Carnage from a previous owner who made a rookie mistake) My gain though. Got it from a dealer who let me have it for a "parts saw" price .

stillwater

stillwater

ArboristSite Member
blsnelling: Hopefully the worst you'll ever have in that situation, is a damaged work piece
and maybe a chipped tool.
I'll assume/hope nothing got thrown at you.

It does sorta frost Ya Flapjacks when a part gets twisted out and there's no
no extra stock, piston or jug in this case, on hand
and it throws a job behind.

and In case no one's mentioned it, be ever mindful of that chuck key.

....in my early days of metal gougin',
I had the opportunity to feel the cold steel of the chuck key, slide across my left forearm, just before smacking a good divot out of the concrete floor
at my left foot.

I use a polishing lathe daily. Once, about 5 years ago, I went to true up an inside ring stick (compressed wool on a wooden dowel that threads onto the spindle). It hadn't been properly threaded and skewed off center. The lathe was spinning and the stick was perpendicular to the spindle in about a second when the spindle broke from stress. Lucky I got my hands out of the way.

Spinning things are always a serious danger...PTO, lathe, whatever. I know of a woman who got her hair caught in a polishing lathe, they had to stitch her scalp back on. I worked with a guy who was polishing a herringbone chain (remember those things), it wrapped and he's lucky he only lost the very tip of his ring finger. At 3600 rpm that thing might as well have been a samurai sword.

Sucks about the piston, but glad you didn't get hurt.

stillwater

stillwater

ArboristSite Member
Yea it started right up. I cleaned out the starter cover real good first, from fear that it would suck the mud into the air intake and throw it everywhere.

Awesome! I am new here and don't know a thing about any of this stuff. I just bought my first saw and came here for advice. Now I can't stop coming back and reading. You guys seem like genuine folks. In my industry there is a lot of slick talk and seldom much on the way of follow through. You all have more here than you know.

I am really glad that your equipment will be alright. I know how terrible it is to be without something you need to complete a job. At least in my experience, you wait until you have what you need, or you do it with what you have and then wish you hadn't.

Be Well.

bryanr2

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Awesome! I am new here and don't know a thing about any of this stuff. I just bought my first saw and came here for advice. Now I can't stop coming back and reading. You guys seem like genuine folks. In my industry there is a lot of slick talk and seldom much on the way of follow through. You all have more here than you know.

I am really glad that your equipment will be alright. I know how terrible it is to be without something you need to complete a job. At least in my experience, you wait until you have what you need, or you do it with what you have and then wish you hadn't.

Be Well.

what was it? inquiring minds need to know.:rock:

Anthony_Va.

Anthony_Va.

XPW Fan Club

Be Well.

Welcome friend. Tell us about your saw. What kind is it?

Anthony_Va.

Anthony_Va.

XPW Fan Club
A Dolmar ps-421. I have put it through a few logs but nothing much yet, working too much. Maybe tomorrow morning I can get out and run it a bit before work.:hmm3grin2orange:

Just a fair warning. This place leads to an addiction called CAD. It's an uncontrollable urge to buy many saws. You'll own two saws before you know it. :D Then you'll be looking for more.

stillwater

stillwater

ArboristSite Member
Just a fair warning. This place leads to an addiction called CAD. It's an uncontrollable urge to buy many saws. You'll own two saws before you know it. :D Then you'll be looking for more.

Is that why I have been looking at this Pioneer 1200 A on craigslist for 35 bucks? I thought I just needed something to fix. Now you are telling me I am getting my fix?

komatsuvarna

komatsuvarna

Arboristsite MVP
That pro safety wrap looks way better on the saw than just a picture of the bar in the catalog. May just have to order me one now!:msp_biggrin: