Anyone else miss the blue exhaust smoke!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get yourself a bottle of this. It still lays it down pretty good.
MCO_2T2-Stroke.jpg
Well That's what I run at 32-1 in 660 064 026 and have reset the new 261cm to run on that as well.
With 98ron e free bp ultimate
Does get a bit of smoke especially if tuned a tad rich for bearing life.
Had sludgey oil from muff when I cut wood on the same tune for the CSM, cut a lot better with varying revs leaned out a bit

905cd450191e5092cfa661a8276185f1.jpg

$40/4L, can get for closer to $30
I think this is similar to Stihl HP red
Old Stihl blue Smokey oil had Castrol on the label-full open rebranding. Might be a AUS thing??

If you are looking for a good smelling oil, I use castor 927 by maxima. That stuff smells great and is one of the best oils for protection against wear.......... Great, another oil thread.

If you are looking for a good smelling oil, I use castor 927 by maxima. That stuff smells great and is one of the best oils for protection against wear.......... Great, another oil thread.
But this is one with a twist opposite to normal.
Does smoke = buildup???
Mineral vs synthetic for purposes of smoking

Will be fun

My old zip originally said half pint 30wt for a gallon gas. Yeah we used it like that years agowhat a head ache,noise, and smell. Now it's between 32.1 or 40.1 good oil and cleans up nice after a couple cuts

I like a little smoke on startup.. it lets me know I have the right fuel in it!...

I know I've posted this a few times before.. no I don't monetize the video.
This is the Manhattan project running Lucas synthetic at 24:1, and I find it about right... a little smokey at startup and cleans up well.. With what I'm demanding from a small saw I figure it can use all the oil it can get.

A good old Lawnboy mixed a little rich does the trick.

They were made in my home town and everybody had one, in the 70's and 80's. The smell of two stroke o.p.e. always reminds me of my childhood!

I Love the smell of 2 cycle exhaust and fresh cut grass in the morning.
What do you mean "had one"? I still have three of them, one to use and the others for spares. Pretty sure they are going to outlive me.

I like a little smoke on startup.. it lets me know I have the right fuel in it!...

I know I've posted this a few times before.. no I don't monetize the video.
This is the Manhattan project running Lucas synthetic at 24:1, and I find it about right... a little smokey at startup and cleans up well.. With what I'm demanding from a small saw I figure it can use all the oil it can get.

I love to se a saw piped and working more than a 16 inch bar. I treat my poulan the same way. Ur saw sounds nice and has a distinctive chime to it

I love to se a saw piped and working more than a 16 inch bar. I treat my poulan the same way. Ur saw sounds nice and has a distinctive chime to it
I think that's about a 34" bar.. 111 DL of 3/8th skip, whatever that works out to... The difference in exhaust note is because the stinger comes off the belly rather than the end of the baffle, it has a much softer note when placed there because the baffle isn't condensing and amplifying the pressure waves.

I would love to find a lawn boy, though Mastercraft made some 2 stroke mowers too.. I had one for years, it was excellent for mowing hillsides since you could stand on the top of the hill and just one-arm it up and down... Mine was seriously modified.. pretty much the whole front half of the deck was chopped (not Worksafe certified for sure), 2 of the wheels were made of stacked plywood since the plastic ones had long rotted off, and the governor spring had broken so many times it was basically wired wide open.. With the front half of the deck chopped, it meant I could attack wild rose bushes and big clumps of alfalfa, etc and rather than it needing to chop everything fine, it would lop it off at the base.. The ignition died on it and it got tossed.. the 6.5hp briggs can't hold a candle to what that thing could do.

What do you mean "had one"? I still have three of them, one to use and the others for spares. Pretty sure they are going to outlive me.[/QUOTE]

The scrap metal bins around here usually have 2-3 a week. The ignition does in alot of them. My dad worked at OMC, him and all his buddies had plenty of spares, probably still Lawnboy parts in his tool box.

Not 2 stroke smoke, but I used to drive tractor trailers and loved the smell and smoke when we fired them up in the winter mornings, we'd have a hovering cloud of diesel smoke covering the lot.

I can tell when a diesel is timed right by the smell of the smoke as well as the sound of the engine... exhaust that makes your eyes bleed means it needs more timing, and when you get it right, you get exactly that smell you're talking about.

Bel-Ray H1R @ 32:1 I run it in my race motors and saws
Years back I was a Yama lube fan. But these new oils are 5x better than some of the syn blends back in the days. My foreman he runs the Lucas 100.1 mix cause Lucas says if you have a lube related failure they will replace the engine

Castor oil will give you a bit of smoke but all of the yummy smells. Maxima sells the Castor 927 that's great, or you can go full old school and get the real deal- Blendzall Racing Castor in the yellow pints. Just beware- whatever fuel you mix you need to use that day, because it separates. We run castor 2t oils in our air-cooled vintage bikes because it burns cooler than synth/blended oils. And it smells like heaven :barbecue:

Back