Anyone else sad.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ancy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
....when you run out of rounds to split?

Absolutely. I make myself ration them out. Less than an hour a day doesn't seem like enough of a workout; more than an hour and I run out too soon.

No, 2 reasons for that:

One, I'm THIRSTY when I'm done splitting.

Two, that means the truck is empty and I can go CUT more! (Probably the next day, see number 1 above :D)

I dunno, it depends on how much I like the Fiskars X-27 that we picked up at the farm store a week ago.

I'd probably miss cutting more... I love the smell of two smoke and the singing of a saw as it eats its way through a log. I don't really care for stacking wood. Splitting is okay.

I'm mainly in for the saws and warm house part of it, lol. But I do plenty of the work... whether I really like it or not.

Hell yea! Had all my wood cut, split, and stacked by New Years, thinking of buying another truck load and be 2 years ahead.

No not sad... just happy it's done until I go out again to get more. Use to do two to three truck loads in a day, but find now one to two is more than enough.. Just getting a little long in the tooth I guess! Here's couple of pictures of what I have so far.
View attachment 218963View attachment 218964
Hey apattie what the heck are you trying to keep in or out with that monster fence?

Wouldn't know ... about running out of rounds to split.

Not going to happen for a long time, maybe ever. A well-stocked gym is a thing of beauty.

Yup, it saddens me. I haven't had occasion to run my splitter, except to run it/cycle it, change oil - in nearly 2 years. That's what happens when your efficiency in splitting far exceeds your rate of burning, and you've got only enough room for 2-3 years supply split and stacked in your small downtown backyard...

Absolutely. I make myself ration them out. Less than an hour a day doesn't seem like enough of a workout; more than an hour and I run out too soon.

I'm the same righit down to teh time I spend at it, me and my Fiskars, with about 6 cords black locusst rounds still to do . Bad thing is I have zero trees lined up to be cut, chasing a few possibles.

Harry K

I can honestly say that I am relieved when the last piece is split and stacked. Wood cutting is just one of many things that I have to keep up with around here, not counting working a full time job which consists of 50-60 hours a week plus roughly 12 hours travel every week. Dont get me wrong, i really enjoy cutting and splitting but I equally enjoy seeing it when Im finished with next years wood supply.

I'm the same righit down to teh time I spend at it, me and my Fiskars, with about 6 cords black locusst rounds still to do . Bad thing is I have zero trees lined up to be cut, chasing a few possibles.

Harry K

Me, too, but so far something always seems to come along.

Back