Anyone ever make a Muffler Gasket?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About thirty years ago I bought a roll of 1/16" thick asbestos gasket material labeled "Muffler Half Gasket". I soften it with brake cleaner to unroll it and do the cutting/punching. I don't guess it is still available -- I would buy more if I could find any.

Thats a good Idea bout the can but how do you one of em empty?

I guess I never gave any thought to searching out new material maybe I will. Thanks Jeff

Well there ya go, I was wondering how signifigant it was if there was a leak at the muffler contact point ? I understand leaking around the carb being not good.Thanks Jeff

Ok Brad I will look it up ,Jeff

Well thats why I asked here to let all the minds answer get all the good ones opinion's thanks I will keep that in mind maybe it aint to critical after all ? More courious than anything I guess. Thanks Jeff

Well if your reading this you can see what I have done here. I answered each post with a seperate post/ reply. Is there a way to reply to each person in one post ? is that what this place calls a Multi Quote? :dizzy:and how do you do that?

Right next to the "Reply with Quote" is a smaller symbol. Click it and it will allow you to mark that message as a multi quote. When you get to the last message you want to quote, then click the "Reply with Quote" symbol and -- Shazam!

Right next to the "Reply with Quote" is a smaller symbol. Click it and it will allow you to mark that message as a multi quote. When you get to the last message you want to quote, then click the "Reply with Quote" symbol and -- Shazam!

Hey thanks a bunch so every person I want to reply to I hit multi quote then the next and next till I am done then hit reply w/ amd I am all set thanks Marc. Jeff

All i meant was a joke like , " now how do you empty a perfectly good can of beer ? " get it?

Ah, I C! In case you didn't know, mastermind is a pie and bacon eating machine from tennessee named Randy (Randi on some forums). Brad is a Freddy Mercury impersonator based (i believe) in Ohio.

Ah, I C! In case you didn't know, mastermind is a pie and bacon eating machine from tennessee named Randy (Randi on some forums). Brad is a Freddy Mercury impersonator based (i believe) in Ohio.

Oh crap so sorry Randy if I called you by the wrong name. I have a problem with names and I know better that to try to use someones name I almost always get it wrong. One time I was trout fishing up north and my neighbors cousin is a warden there.Well he came into camp after I drank wayyyyy to much and when he got done checking us I said see ya later Bruce.
Sounds harmless dont it well his name was Rodney,...Bruce is his brother, a Forest ranger and bty he absoloutly hates him with a burning fishy pasion. He waved and left I have no Idea if he heard me but most likely...

Ha - I never knew that!:msp_smile:

Like Warrior said on page one, Permatex copper spray is what I use as well, I used it on metal to metal, or a thin coating on gasket material to improve the seating. Handy stuff in the shop, a can will last ya a life time.

Absolutely one of the funniest post I've read on the Interwebs.

Well whenever you see a post w/me in it better read it... ,could be good for a laugh bout anytime.

Would have been even funnier if you had confused Brad with Dennis! For the record I meant no offense to either gentleman, whom I both consider to be good guys, or disrespect to Jeff, as it's easy to get the peeps confused:msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back