Anyone had this problem - Dolmar 420

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
Reaction score
First problem I've had with this saw in 3 years. I was cutting a bit today, made a couple quick cuts, started a longer cut, and the saw died and fuel came gushing out the back of the cover. Lots of fuel.

Im guessing I popped a fuel line, but curious to hear any other ideas.

Will tear into it this weekend sometime.

It's a very common problem on this saw if used with ethanol fuel. There is an updated fuel line available part # 965452688 this is a red line that is EPA & Ethanol friendly. This line is sold by Dolmar by the meter and it is cut to length.

Later model PS-350 & PS-420 along with all the 351 & 421's have the updated line factory.

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 295852View attachment 295853

It's a very common problem on this saw if used with ethanol fuel. There is an updated fuel line available part # 965452688 this is a red line that is EPA & Ethanol friendly. This line is sold by Dolmar by the meter and it is cut to length.

Later model PS-350 & PS-420 along with all the 351 & 421's have the updated line factory.

Thanks! I'm guessing that's what I'll find. The lower left side of the housing where the bend in your pic is was where it seemed to be coming from.

I do my best to buy corn free gas, but without checking every gallon, it's probably found it's way in there.

Sometime over the weekend, I'll know for sure. It's supposed to be wet on and off all weekend up here and I should have some time to tear into it. Looking at your pics, it should be pretty easy once the carb is off. Just goes to show that even the nicest saws can be brought to their knees by a couple dollar piece of rubber. The 5100 was more than happy to come off the bench and fill in though!

Latest posts

Back