Anyone have an 044 rear handle/tank to sell?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Was felling a nasty knotty ash tree today. When she started to go it twisted and pinched my saw and kicked up and broke the rear handle off my 044. Just wondering if anyone has a spare they would sell or point me in right direction. Don't matter what shape. Thanks guys.

Sorry about your misfortune. I would start with the sponsors on top of this forum. After that check ebay.
I have seen a few around but you won't like the price. Good luck!

The last new one I bought was about $100 from a stihl dealer. They normally stock them.

Same here. I bought my 046 handle from the dealer at about $100-$110. Don't exactly remember. Fleabay prices on tank handles are higher than dealer and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why.

Is it a true 044?

Cause you can't buy straight 044 or 046 tanks (screw caps) from dealers anymore. Can use a flippy cap tank just fine.

You'll have to be lucky to find a nice 044 threaded cap tank/handle.
I agree...finding a nice screw cap 044 tank is getting harder and harder...if u do find one you'll probably end up paying a premium price. Your better off biting the bullet and getting yourself a 440 tank and making it a crossbreed.

Man there tough to find (screw type) been looking for one for a few months

Dayum I didnt' know handles were a problem for 044's. I just got a really nice used one off fleabay for my 026 for $39.99.

And I have a 044 project saw with a busted handle. Dangit :angry:

Searching:

Stihl Rear Fuel Tank Handle Housing ASM MS440 044 1128 350 0832 1128 350 0844 | eBay

Gas Tank Trigger Asem Stihl 046 Magnum Chainsaw MS 460 044 440 1128 Ref 2 | eBay

Stihl Chainsaw 046 Magnum Tank Handle 044 MS440 MS460 Chain Saw | eBay
this one has screw in cap; I've bought a couple things from this guy . . . no problems

My cash flow right now is ZERO so I won't be buying any of these. I don't know if this helps or not but I hope it does.

Latest posts

Back