Anyone have an extra pair of chaps.........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zero Signal

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
They want to sell? Went to order a new pair and the shipping was out of hand. Figured I would throw it out there. I'm a regular length 32"....full wrap or regular. I see there is a classified section, but it didn't look like there was much traffic in there

The "east coast" is a pretty big area, but if you want to buy local I am sure there is a Stihl or Husky dealer close to you. If not, I think Lowes, Home Depot and TSC carry some.

Shipping on the Labonville chaps was only $14 to Richmond, VA.

I don't recall lowes having them by me but I will look again.....no TSC's near me. The stihl dealers around me dont carry them. I knew someone would comment about the cost of shipping vs. cutting leg off, and no, its not worth it. But, like anything else....if I can save a few $$ I will.....i dont need them today or anything. If I have to order a pair online so be it.

I don't recall lowes having them by me but I will look again.....no TSC's near me. The stihl dealers around me dont carry them. I knew someone would comment about the cost of shipping vs. cutting leg off, and no, its not worth it. But, like anything else....if I can save a few $$ I will.....i dont need them today or anything. If I have to order a pair online so be it.

If your not in a big hurry wait and keep checking with Labonville. They usually run a 10 to 20% sale a few times a year and that will cover the shipping costs.

I don't recall lowes having them by me but I will look again....

Lowes sells them, but does not always display them prominently. I have seen the navy blue, Husqvarna, apron style chaps.

A.S. has a number of vendors that sell chaps - you could check with a few (flashing names at the top of the page) to shop around. Balance the larger choice of styles, + $shipping, against a more limited selection and $local sales tax.

By the time someone sells you used chaps and you pay them to ship them, you might as well get a new, certified pair of the style and size you want for not much more money.

Philbert

They want to sell? Went to order a new pair and the shipping was out of hand. Figured I would throw it out there. I'm a regular length 32"....full wrap or regular. I see there is a classified section, but it didn't look like there was much traffic in there

Well your question throws me a bit. I am not a Stihl person whatsoever but I can assure you that any Stihl dealer worth a **** will not charge you shipping nor will any other dealer I know of in this area. I know back years ago the minimum Stihl order from MVS was $50 and that was total. I assume it is now $200 but that is pocket change when ordering parts supplies on the total bill. Most have that going out 2-3 times a week. Do not let any of them BS you on the BS shipping. If they do then hell I will just send them to you

I have a couple extra sets.

Stihl dealer should be able to order them in a couple days. Any dealer that doesn't carry them should have their franchise pulled. That's silly not to carry them.

I agree with getting the right measurement! Mine are too long and constantly drag the ground

I don't know if this will help you, but both my sets of Husqvarna chaps have snaps around the waist band, letting you fold over the waist band to 'lengthen' or 'shorten' the effective length by about 2". This area does not include the protective pads, so you could even have someone who sews lower the waist band even more, as long as it did not interfere with the leg straps.

Might be something to take a look at.

Philbert

Snapped up Philbert. My fault for wrong measurements maybe. But also they shoulda sewed the straps more on the full wrap parts of the chaps. They slip down below the buckles. Is what it is though. Better than the gash in my leg, I could have had :D

Snapped up Philbert. My fault for wrong measurements maybe. But also they shoulda sewed the straps more on the full wrap parts of the chaps. They slip down below the buckles. Is what it is though. Better than the gash in my leg, I could have had :D

You might have the same ones I have: Husqvarna Full-Wrap Chaps?

I had a problem with the full wrap parts sliding away from where they were supposed to be and sewed the straps on further around the shell - all the way to the yardstick, in the attached photo. Open the seam, sew the straps to the shell only, re-sew the seam without snagging the protective pads. They will still fit someone with pencil-thin legs. I posted this on A.S. a long time ago and sent Husqvarna a letter on it.

Doing something similar, you (or someone you know who sews) might be able to modify the upper portion of your chaps or belt to pull the pads off the ground.

Philbert

attachment.php

Stihl dealer doesnt carry them? You're trying real hard, aren't you.

Don't quite know what you're getting at here. I have 2 Stihl dealers somewhat close to me....I walk in....they have no chaps. In fact, they bearly have anything...just a few saws, a couple weedeaters, and a few bars and chains. Anyways, point was to see if anyone had an extra pair they would part with for short $ before I bought a brand new pair. Couldn't hurt I figured, but oh well, ordering a new pair.

I have quite a few extra used pairs. I take them to the GTG's and vintage races so those who do not have any can use them. If your dealer refuses to order them for free shipping then buy them from one of the sponsors here

Back