Anyone have any Irish Moss growing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green thumb

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an area 12'x8' I am going to plant some of this Irish Moss.I didn't want to use mulch for this area but wanted to decorate with something else.My concern is (even though I live in a subdivision) will deer eat this moss when it grows?I realize I am taking a chance here but didn't buy all I could have but wanted to try using this moss.I've had wild moss grow in this area before but it doesn't cover the area I would like.This moss grows at a moderate rate and gets 2 to 4" in height and grows in clumps.any known issues about this would be a great help.thanks in advance.IS it worth the risk?

I have an area 12'x8' I am going to plant some of this Irish Moss.I didn't want to use mulch for this area but wanted to decorate with something else.My concern is (even though I live in a subdivision) will deer eat this moss when it grows?I realize I am taking a chance here but didn't buy all I could have but wanted to try using this moss.I've had wild moss grow in this area before but it doesn't cover the area I would like.This moss grows at a moderate rate and gets 2 to 4" in height and grows in clumps.any known issues about this would be a great help.thanks in advance.IS it worth the risk?

Correction:25"x8'

Back