Anyone in Central Indiana

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Is there anyone in central Indiana with a chainsaw mill? I am intrigued.We are actually having the farm timbered right now. But they are only buying pre-selected trees.Located 30 miles south of Indianapolis ,Martinsville, Indiana .thanks

Last edited:
Eric, if you are south of Martinsville are you near Bloomington? I have milled 500-600 bdft in the last 6 months. I am near Terre haute. Why are you asking?

I milled some ash today as a matter of fact. Here is a recent thread on milling ash at my house. Cut down 2 trees. one 20" and one 38"

http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=39629

I have a 30" Alaskan powered by an 084. I also use the 064 on occasion, but nothing beats raw horsepower. If you occasionally want to mill something the CSM works pretty good. If you have any volume to do, I would look at the alternatives to see what fits the best.

I would certainly be open to showing you chain saw milling, if we could coordinate a time. I might have 6-7 boards left to cut on my last ash log, probably next week-end. It is the last picture in the thread.

supposed to be a nasty weekend

But one of these days my 15 year old son and I might venture west.Thanks..

Back