Anyone know anything about Mechanics Liens?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TopJimmy said:
I think that if the customer fails to pick up the saw after a reasonable amount of time (we could debate what reasonable is, at least 30 day imo) he would have a very hard time demonstrating that he had been damaged by loss of use of his saw.

I agree, but why give him even a shot at it? Even if he loses, you are out a bunch of time. That counts.

And to look at the other side of the equation - lots of luck trying to enforce a condition that isn't spelled out up front.

Spelling it all out up front avoids a lot of unnecessary trouble. It won't guarantee NO trouble, but it is the best and cheapest way to minimize trouble.

Well its still sitting in the shop...

I shouldnt have to deal with this. It doesnt make any sense. He told me to fix it, so I did, now he doesnt want to pay for it.

Im going to get some invoices made.

- Not responsible for damage incurred by equipment testing
- All Items not picked up after 60 days of completion of repair will be considered forfeited property.
- A $5 a week storage fee will be applied 1 week after completion of repair, up to $40
- By signing this invoice, you the customer agree that you have read and understand the above stipulations.

X.............................................. --- DATE.......................

Back