Anyone make 375-9 rims other than Danzco?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
I was going to play around with my 395 and the 9 pin danzco I have but found out that the thickness of the rim, the rim channel being offset, and the external clutch on the 395 not allowing it to float the way an internal one would means that it's misaligned with the bar groove and the chain jams. If they had flushed the rivets on both sides of the rim, it probably would have had enough float to work.

Is there a manufacturer that makes oem type big rims?

Ian

rim.jpg

NM, I got it figured out. My first thought was to grind what I thought were the tails of the rivets off, remove the extra layer of metal on the left side and re-peen the rivets, but those are pins, not rivets, and are pressed in for a friction fit, not bucked like a rivet. I ground the heads off flush and that provided the extra room I needed. Seeing as they're not rivets, they didn't serve much function anyway.

Ok... I got my asbestos on. The machinists out there are about to have some fun with me. LOL
Ian

Latest posts

Back