Danzco small spline sprockets and husky outboard clutches

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B_Turner

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just bought a few Danzco small spline sprockets to try out (one pin extra on a few sizes). I have heard it both ways on how the round pin work as compared to a regular sprocket, but I thought I'd see for myself.

Thought I'd share.

The center of the sprockets is offset with a thicker and thinner plate for the sides. The pins are flush on one end and raised on the other end.

Turns out the rims at too thick to fit under any of my small spline outboard clutch huskies (e.g. 339xp, 346xp). Not enough space between oiler drive and the outboard clutch to screw the clutch down.

Approx measurements:

Oregon Powermate husky small spline rim: .238 inches thick
Danzo small spline body (not counting the raised pin ends): .324
Danzco small spline rim body plus raised pin ends (total thickness): .378 - half again stock

If both sides were the thickness of the current thin side, and the pins were flush on both sides then it would work.

Also I would have expected the raised ends of the pins to be on the thick side to allow most choices of offset, but of the ones I received they were both ways. Didn't matter in my case, but I was thinking in some cases it might help.

Not saying they are not great sprockets, just that if anyone is thinking of using them on a small spline outboard clutch, check it out first.

Kind of pricey to sit in the parts drawer (cost me about $90 for three -- although the price is not bad for custom sprockets).

If I am being too confusing,I can take a couple pics of the sides of the sprockets.

Again, I am not bashing the Danzco sprockets, as I have heard good reports from folks using their oversized sprockets on big saws.

Last edited:
Approx measurements:

Oregon Powermate husky small spline rim: .238 inches thick
Danzo small spline body (not counting the raised pin ends): .324
Danzco small spline rim body plus raised pin ends (total thickness): .378 - half again stock

If both sides were the thickness of the current thin side, and the pins were flush on both sides then it would work.

Sir no need to keep them in a drawer unusable. Get someone to turn them down on both sides of the sprocket to your desired needs or just one side. :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm sure they would have worked just fine on a Stihl. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. :laugh:

Yes I know they really wouldn't have due to Stihls even smaller sprocket. :laugh:

Back