Anyone ran into this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reyn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm a deputy sheriff and took a report today for criminal mischief. Basically a local logger had contracted to cut 75 acres of a persons property. They agreed on a sum and he paid half down. Agreement was to pay the balance as loads were hauled or whatever. He approaches landowner to pay with a check. She refuses. She wants cash.

Within a couple of days someone puts sugar in a skidder and a peterbilt. Around 25,000 dollars in damage. 390xp is also stolen as is the game cam he put up to catch them. Then the landowners nephew from outta state comes down. He has a buisness card stating he is with corp of engineers and that the logger broke the contract in reference to seedlings..or something. Wants 100k to make it right.

Later it turns out the landowner had sold the same loggin rights 2 months prior to another logger but for whatever reason he didn't cut it. He knows the first logger getting screwed so he gives him his contract paperwork etc for the pending lawsuit. Between the guys start date on logging and the sugar in tank etc was only like 10 days.

Allegedly this landowner sued her former workplace and won around 500k on a harassment lawsuit. Now apparently she is trying to scam other folks. She allegedly sued another logger a while back.

The contract will be civil but the theft and criminal mischief will be felonies. Only good thing I can see is that she should have money and he could recover his losses if he wins.The logger also has money so he has the means to fight it.

I hope we can put a case on the offenders for the damage and theft.

Due to location and other things we believe its the landowner is the one..or family of..that put the sugar in the tank to run them off.

thats bull####... someone goes out busts their ass to make a dollar while some ##### sits on her ass and sues someone so she can live high on the hog. this just frosts the cookie:angry:

If I had paid in advance and had a contract I would still be cutting and sleeping on the landing. Hope the chopper gets out of this one without a bunch of bs.

Civility left this country when they started locking empty boxcars.

shyty situation. The "nephew" would have been fed an oak club. Hope they hang high in court.

Thats why you put locks on your fuel caps,hydraulics and dont leave 1000$ saw on your jobsite.But man that sucks for the logger.

Latest posts

Back