Anyone try the Alpine stump grinders?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alpine

Thats a good question. I have been researching the same machine for the past few months and think that I may buy it after all. Everything I have seen or heard regarding the machine is that it is good. If you run a search with the word alpine (you probably already did) on it you'll find some of the reviews by the guys on this forum. I also contacted the guy that makes them. Usually a 5-6 week wait to get the machine and perhaps a little pricy. If you get it, use it, and are looking for a buyer after, let me know. [email protected]

Good luck

The alpine is a great machine I would chose one over a dosko or similar any day. It takes a little getting use to but once you get the hang of it it is very quick go any where machine that makes plenty of money. I have two additional machines being added to my business this month.

are the chainsaw heads easy to remove from the magnam body/cutter.....seems extra useful that you have the option of it reverting to a large bar chainsaw.....is this practical?

It takes about 20mins you would need to remove the clutch as well. Mine uses the stihl concrete saw which has more torque but doesn't rev as high as the Husky. The husky cuts faster but can bog down faster. It can also have a solo power head. Which would make the machine a bit cheaper.

Back