Anyone use this Cheap 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use those for old engines that are less twisted and they used to work on worse oils

Go to BITOG and they love some supertech.

Id use something else personally.

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]đź›»

I’m using it. My thinking being that even the cheapest synthetic is probably at a par with or better than regular old oil in the past? Might be flawed thinking but I beat my saw very very hard for 2 hours straight yesterday and then pulled the muffler for reference point. Can’t see any noticeable difference and the piston looked to be well lubricated, but that may be more a function that it’s tuned slight rich. (4 stroke and clean up in the cut) Might be fun test to run Stihl vs this in a couple cheap saws for x hours each but not sure how to take out the element of carb tubing which may matter more than mix?

The old saws with so-called softer pistons and cylinders were made to run on a fuel/30 weight motor oil mix.Gas and oil dont mix well,but those old saws did just fine.The new saws with supposedly hardened cylinders should be fine with almost anything then.I only use Husqvarna synthetic in my saws,simply because the dealer gives you 24 bottles when you buy a new saw or trimmer,if you buy a 6 pack up front.I have nearly 75 bottles still laying around,so I should be good for awhile.But as I said earlier,my cheaper saws have ran many tanks of Supertech and GRC mix

I bet it's good oil. Wal-Mart private label products, all of them, are contact-manufactured by the big companies. That ST oil is made by Warren, Citgo or some other big oil producer, and Wal-Mart are very strict with their products meeting specs. I have no idea what JASO rating the ST oil is though.

I have used this for 5 or more years with no problems. Sometimes I wonder if there really is that much difference between this SuperTech and more expensive oils.

I bet it's good oil. Wal-Mart private label products, all of them, are contact-manufactured by the big companies. That ST oil is made by Warren, Citgo or some other big oil producer, and Wal-Mart are very strict with their products meeting specs. I have no idea what JASO rating the ST oil is though.
This right here. Landscape crews in my area buy that and bar oil by the gallon.

I just don’t understand why I would ever risk my $1,000 chainsaws on cheap-o oil. Stepping over dollar$ to pick up pennies. I’m a believer in quality oil and fuel.
. JQ
I currently run Echo FD rated oil, but I would run the Supertech at 40:1 before I'd run some kind of overpriced gimmick oil at 80:1.

I used many, many gallons if supertech bar oil back when I was going through a ton with only great results.
I liked it for cold weather but preferred a thicker summer grade in warm weather.
A friend of mine that seemed to have motor problems with every vehicle he bought always used walmart motor oil, claimed it was the same as the name brands. That made my suspicion about its quality. I dumped a quart or so in this and that old motors, but don't remember doing any complete oil changes and using it.

Not the biggest fan of Stihl Ultra, but I think it gets a bad rap.

I've used the Ultritech for a year of so with no issues.
I'd buy it again.
I'm not a Pro & mainly cut for camp & home.
I like the price!

Latest posts

Back