I see Klotz is still around...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidecarflip

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way back when, Klotz was the oil for high performance 2 stroke motors, I used it in my Kawasaki H1 750 triple (another story for another time) but..

Anyone use it in the saws or brush trimmers now? They have a direct buy website I see.

Is it any good? Just curious.

Way back when, Klotz was the oil for high performance 2 stroke motors, I used it in my Kawasaki H1 750 triple (another story for another time) but..

Anyone use it in the saws or brush trimmers now? They have a direct buy website I see.

Is it any good? Just curious.
Used it for a short time…gummed up the cyl and exhaust.

I use Klotz Motorcycle Techniplate at 40:1 in my motorcycle and therefore often in saws when I have mix left over.
The oil is ashless. Their tech line says it's fine for saws but I do remember a recent thread here saying ashless is not ideal.
When I remove top ends everything is coated in oil.

When I make saw mix I use Husqvarna XP oil.

I wouldn't run R50 or the other benol blends because I think it will leave a messy residue. And it does not have as good of corrosion protection.

2kcx80.jpg

I used to buy this by the cases for my race saws and ported work saws. Only oil I trusted in the high price stuff.

Klotz Original Techniplate 100% synthetic . BLENDS WITH: Alcohol, Ethanol, Nitromethane, Gasoline, and E-85

Got tired of having to order it when got out of racing.

So tried VPracing oil 100% and does the same film IMO but it doesnt mix with nitro or alky like I needed back then for racing.

kl2000.jpg

R50 at 40/1 currently
Also find any oil works just aswell always wonder whos being fooled when guys say one oil doesnt work over another.

We all need juice to keep going each day

Is lieing to eachother that juice?

They have said the Skicraft techniplate and Motorcycle techniplate are equal, take it for what that is worth... and the Skicraft techniplate is "NMMA® TC-W3 certified warranty compliant. JASO FD compliant."

https://klotzlube.com/shop/ols/products/xn-skicraft-techniplate-31am
I said motorcycle techniplate earlier but I am typically buying the skicraft techniplate for my jet skis.
It'd not possible to pass both of those tests with the same oil.
It's a boat oil.

It'd not possible to pass both of those tests with the same oil.
It's a boat oil.
That's what I figured. And whether the motorcycle is then also a boat oil is unclear but seems possible since they insisted they are equivalent and are all ashless.
Ok, I think you were posting the information I read previously about what we should or should not be using!

What do you think? Is this good oil or OK oil or should we be avoiding it?

That's what I figured. And whether the motorcycle is then also a boat oil is unclear but seems possible since they insisted they are equivalent and are all ashless.
Ok, I think you were posting the information I read previously about what we should or should not be using!

What do you think? Is this good oil or OK oil or should we be avoiding it?
I would not use an ashless oil, period.
I am also not a fan of Klotz of any kind in a chainsaw. There are much better options.

Back