Anyone want to get rid of an O26?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I got to run this past weekend, and think I would be willing to trade my almost brand new 180, W/14 bar and two chains for a used one.

Or if the 180 isnt something you want, let me know what youd need to take the O26 off your hands.

Running or not, but a complete saw, please.

i could let go of my race port piped 026 pro for $775 shipped.. thats the only 026 i have :)

Wow, ANOTHER tempting offer!!!! Im not sure what to do?!?!

Either an O26, O26 pro, 260, or 260 pro. The decomp Im not really worried about, I mean come one!!! Adjustable oiler isnt a big deal either, it will wear a 16" bar all the time.

I've got a nice MS260 Pro. 16" bar, new yellow tag chain, one screw carb(sorry), decomp. $300 plus actual freight and, no, I have no interest in owning a MS180(sorry again). If interested I'll send you a pic.
John..

CaseyForrest said:
I got to run this past weekend, and think I would be willing to trade my almost brand new 180, W/14 bar and two chains for a used one.

Or if the 180 isnt something you want, let me know what youd need to take the O26 off your hands.

Running or not, but a complete saw, please.

I just started a thread about 260's compared to 180's(170's): http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=33270

Why do you want to trade your 180 for a 260 (or as you stated, get a 260 outright)? Besides the obvious of a bigger saw, what do you like about the 260 compared to your 180?

KMB said:
I just started a thread about 260's compared to 180's(170's): http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=33270

Why do you want to trade your 180 for a 260 (or as you stated, get a 260 outright)? Besides the obvious of a bigger saw, what do you like about the 260 compared to your 180?

I tend to use the 180 quite a bit, and have started worrying about the pastic case, heat and stress. The 026 or 260 is only about 1.5# heavier, with more power, and a Mag case.

whatsnext said:
I've got a nice MS260 Pro. 16" bar, new yellow tag chain, one screw carb(sorry), decomp. $300 plus actual freight and, no, I have no interest in owning a MS180(sorry again). If interested I'll send you a pic.
John..

Do all of the 260-026 have only one screw on the carb?

Shoot me a pic, I may be interested, a little more than I wanted to spend, but ya never know.

CaseyForrest said:

Shoot me a pic,

I'm not sure but I know guys that do wild muffler mods eventually switch out to an older two screw carb but it runs great stock so I've left the muffler alone. It's a nice saw, I'll post a pic or two to the thread.
John..

CaseyForrest said:
I tend to use the 180 quite a bit, and have started worrying about the pastic case, heat and stress. The 026 or 260 is only about 1.5# heavier, with more power, and a Mag case.

Sound reasons. Thanks. As you've already found out, a 260 will be a great mate for your 460.

Kevin

CaseyForrest said:

The 260's are not too bad. My biggest beef is the pathetic air filter. Until it plugs up it runs well.

-Pat

CaseyForrest said:

just those from about 1999->2003 +/-... I can look up the exact dates is you need to know. Real easy to drop another "real" carb on. use the WT194 or 394 if you do as you get full range adjustability. The WT426 is a nice carb but with limited adjustability - nothing you can't solve though with a $4 main jet change

Well, for whatever reason I havn't been able to post pics for a couple of days. Maybe later.
John..

I have a woods ported Solo 651SP (by Dennis Greffard) that came in Craftsman green that is low hours. I have $435 in it, and would let it go fairly cheap. It cuts about the same as a stock 036. 3 cube saw, weighs about 2 ounces more than an 026. Well built machine.

Back