Anyone work on Subaru/Robin engines?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmcman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have the EX30 10HP for a generator, i'm guessing a rod knock and there are a few metal shavings in the oil.

What is the clearance for the rod and crank and is pulling the head and rod a simple task?

Torn a few engines down and rebuilt them, but not one of these, I understand there is a chain driven cam so is that in the way?

Going to plasitgage it first but need the specs.

Here's a link to Subaru/Robin that has the service, parts and owners manuals available for download and should tell you everything you need to know. They're PDF files so you'll need Acrobat Reader.

http://www.robinamerica.com/pmanuals.aspx?pid=80

These are usually excellent motors....Did you do the required oil change after the initial 20 hour breakin period? My kids have a Subaru EX17 on a gocart and the thing has been ran hard and put away wet and runs flawlessly but it has always been maintained (oil changes, air filter cleaned regularly)!

I'm so impressed with the EX17 on the gocart, I just bought a Powermate generator with the EX30 but haven't received it yet.....Hopefully this isn't something common with the EX30....From what I've researched it's not suppose to be......Good luck.....It shouldn't be difficult at all to work on with that service manual to reference!

Latest posts

Back