Anything I can do with these Aspen trees?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishgal

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am hoping the Aspen experts out there can give me some help with these trees. They are about 12 years old and usually do well in this spot in my yard. However, two have been failing for several months. One has almost no leaves on one section of the tree and the other tree (larger of the 2) has buds but no leaves at all. I know these areas drain really well. Anyone encounter this before and what can I do to save these trees if they are dying? Many, many thanks.

Attachments

• Tree.JPG
    Tree.JPG
    712.9 KB · Views: 40
Thanks for looking and giving me your input. I was thinking I may not be able to save the trees but I am no expert and I felt it was worth putting out there. The only puzzling thing is that I do have a healthy tree there and I was not sure if position or water or some other factor may have impacted the 'unwell' trees. Something I could have rectified. Thanks again.

Thanks for looking and giving me your input. I was thinking I may not be able to save the trees but I am no expert and I felt it was worth putting out there. The only puzzling thing is that I do have a healthy tree there and I was not sure if position or water or some other factor may have impacted the 'unwell' trees. Something I could have rectified. Thanks again.
Aspen don't like too much or too little water, close ups of the blackened area may have been helpful. "As jolly mentioned" they have short life spans. So looks like new trees are in your future.

Latest posts

Back