apple tree problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsweasy

Reaction score
I have brown spots on my apples that are rotting the apples. I remove the apples when I see the spots. Is there any way to prevent the brown spots?

at this point in the season it is probably too late to control apple scab. but its worth a shot . spray with a friut tree mix with a fungicide and insecticide. you can buy it at the garden store . treat now with it and in september treat the tree with horticultural oil . then next spring begin at budbreak with a copper spray and then every 14 days for 3 reps. treat again with the fruit tree mix. at the end of the 3 reps treat at 30 day intervals twice . then the hort oil again in sept. I use Nova, Dithane and Astro as my fruit tree mix but if you dont have a pesticide liscense then just buy the fruit tree mix and read the label and follow what it says. hope i didnt make this sound too confusing . I can give you more detail about what months to spray if you like at a later time. john

Latest posts

Back