apple tree problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dsweasy

dsweasy

I have brown spots on my apples that are rotting the apples. I remove the apples when I see the spots. Is there any way to prevent the brown spots?

John Paul McMillin

John Paul McMillin

ArboristSite Operative
at this point in the season it is probably too late to control apple scab. but its worth a shot . spray with a friut tree mix with a fungicide and insecticide. you can buy it at the garden store . treat now with it and in september treat the tree with horticultural oil . then next spring begin at budbreak with a copper spray and then every 14 days for 3 reps. treat again with the fruit tree mix. at the end of the 3 reps treat at 30 day intervals twice . then the hort oil again in sept. I use Nova, Dithane and Astro as my fruit tree mix but if you dont have a pesticide liscense then just buy the fruit tree mix and read the label and follow what it says. hope i didnt make this sound too confusing . I can give you more detail about what months to spray if you like at a later time. john