apple trees- too many apples

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anecia2

Reaction score
I have a large apple tree- and I am tired of raking rotten apples every day. How can I prevent apples from growing next year, both this fall via pruning and next year? I may want to care for the apples and harvest them in the future but they are destroying my garden!! Thanks!

The main sponsor of this site, Sherrill Arborist Supply, sells a spray called 'fruit eliminator' or 'fruit reducer' or something like that. Never used it, but Sherrill's customer service is GREAT. Get the "800" phone number and talk to a live person, if they can't tell you about it they will find someone who can.

I have way too many apples too on my trees in the orchard. I am actually loosing limbs every week because of the weight of the fruit. What you should do if you can is thin the apples by hand :)which i dont have time to do .someone told me at the arborist store that if you spray Sevin right after flower petal fall, you will have one third the amount of apples? I would not take this info to heart because i would worry that i might kill some bees if they are around . and how does it work anyway?

Back