Arborist 101

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arborist 101 keep it or merge it?

• Total voters

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How many of you think we need this forum? Should we just merge into commercial tree care? Or keep it up and running?

I thought the whole purpose of the 101 forum was so the new climbers could have a forum all their own to get answers to the repetitive threads that kept surfacing in the commercial section.

Why are we going backwards ??? I voted to keep it, I like the seperation.

Larry

It appears half the newbie question are still posted in Commercial tree. I never said this forum was going to be canned i was looking for oppinions.

I just voted to keep it even though it seems to do little good....how many times in the last couple months or so has the same subject came up by a different guy? Rope choice, how to get into business, where to start climbing....

Im glad its here and not clogging up the commercial forum.

Keep it. If you are still getting "Newbie" posts in the Commercial forum, move them over.

People should not have to sort through "101" posts unless they want to help.

By the way, thanks for the help, those of you who check this forum regularly.

I vote to keep it, I have found it to be very helpful! And I tend to not have a flippin clue what they are saying on the other forum.
Andy

I have an affinity toward noobs. 101 gives a more 'approachable' arena.

I think we can help the repetitive question thing with hyperlinks to previous threads. This way the question gets answered with the answers we answered with already.

Does Germany really love David Hasselhoff?

that's what I get for watching knight rider while reading the board!

Seriously I've climbed rocks with ropes and used to paint and repair water towers there we used block and tackle with either 1/2" 3 strand hemp over 3 pulleys or 5/8" or even 3/4" working off a seat board.

So while I've never climbed trees with anything other than hands and feet (no gaff) I have at least made a living working off ropes.

In a perfect world I'd take classes from someone who knows a heck of a lot more on this subject than I (I stumbed across some "camp" in Georgia that not only teaches you the ropes, they teach you how to camp in the trees as well) but as I'll learn on my own or die trying can someone suggest a good book as a place to start?

I think this is a great area to either clarify some aspects of climbing and pruning, or simple equipment questions. (Hehe... how often is a question simple.)

Back