Arborist Consult forms

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreesnHorses

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a link or resource to get forms for recording specific tree, tree hazard, or tree health diagnoses that I can take on site with me when I'm looking at trees for clients? We already have basic estimate sheets for actual tree *work* to be done, such as pruning, removal, stumps, or whatever, but I am thinking something more specific in case someone is looking into phc or just evaluating what is wrong with their trees and things that need to be done to correct them, and where I can write comments and plans of action I would recommend for their tree issues. Do you know what I mean? I know I can make one myself, but sometimes if I see how other folks have done theirs I can be more thorough in what I have on mine. Thanks for any help here.

If you are a member of TCIA you can get a collection of forms used by member companies for various things in our business. The collection of forms is about 2" thick. The collection is being updated at this time. If you are not a member - you should be.

ISA has books also with forms. photographic guide to hazard trees, tree appraisal...

I've looked through ISA stuff (I'm a CA and member) and haven't seen what I'm looking for but maybe I didn't look hard enough- I'll contact them and ask them which book contains them. I'm no longer a member of TCIA; we were for years (when it was NAA) but we're a small company and when membership prices went up we opted out- we're stretched really tight to keep everything legitimate and still make some $$$. We have a tough issue here in KY competing with the "guys with a pickup and a trailer" because most folks here are really money conscious; most will go with the lowest bid, whether they are insured or not. They just want their tree work done and are willing to take the risk, and most the time it works out fine, which keeps the whole thing going. The people who want an arborist, however, are willing to pay and I want to make sure I take care of those people too, which is why I want to do an exceptional job with eval's and consults and let them know they got their money's worth. Thanks-

TreesnHorses said:
I've looked through ISA stuff (I'm a CA and member) and haven't seen what I'm looking for but maybe I didn't look hard enough-
The Guide to the PHC mgt system has some forms toward the back. Not exactly what you are looking for but should be of help. the book can really help shift your mindset; it did mine.

I never thought of using a form on risk evals; not a bad idea to try to come up with one.

here is something from the USFS:
http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/hazardtrees/treehazards/thazards.pdf

www.fs.fed.us/r2/fhm/downloads/hazard.rtf

you may want to consult with your local parks dept or forestry div. they usually have some type of form they they have to fill out for the projects to be done. I was trying to find this form i had from a forest health class i took (u know from the lab book) but i cant find it. You could contact UK or the extension and see if they have anything. If you do, let us know! thanks and good luck!

Thanks! The forest service links were helpful. That is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for, that I can tweak/add to/subtract from for my own forms. I'll keep working on it as well. You're right, UK has EVERYTHING- I didn't think to look there.

TreesnHorses said:
UK has EVERYTHING- I didn't think to look there.
Smart move to put your tax $ to work. If you find something good there, please post it.

:popcorn:

Latest posts

Back