Arborist, logs wanted Massachusetts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg if your going to move anywhere dont move to ny the city or the country! our property taxes thats land and school are outrageous! not to mention auto insurance. its cheaper for some one to haul our logs than my dad to keep his picker on the road. my insurance agaent asked me point blank (I ad a dwi) almost 10 years ago if i had an adress in delaware cty which at that time was about 5 miles from my house if i had a friend who lived there that i could use their mailing address because now get this the difference was 1300.00 a year in sullivan cty and paying 460.oo in delaware cty. now does that tell you how screwed up nys prices are.. i was like dumbfounded if i used a dif cty than the one i was in the dwi was still gonna be on my license so why was it 800.00 cheaper 5 miles a way! some of your home prices are shockers. we have a mixed bag here of everything. sorry but i just had to answer this and it came out too long.

Originally posted by Toddppm
Nick , for commercial land????? I just cancelled a contract for 2.25 acres at $120k residential, only because the septic system was estimated to cost 70-100k!!!!! I waited 3 months to find that out:angry:
Missed your comment.... it was zoned commercial. Just the cost of land around here. We did have to do over $100,000 in stormwater management compliance. Pretty ridiculous...I'll get a snapshot from the aerial bucket sometime to give you an idea of how much land it takes up - about 3/4 an acre.

Meanwhile, our neighbor is filling in a wetland...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by daddieslilgirl
omg if your going to move anywhere dont move to ny the city or the country! our property taxes thats land and school are outrageous! not to mention auto insurance. its cheaper for some one to haul our logs than my dad to keep his picker on the road. my insurance agaent asked me point blank (I ad a dwi) almost 10 years ago if i had an adress in delaware cty which at that time was about 5 miles from my house if i had a friend who lived there that i could use their mailing address because now get this the difference was 1300.00 a year in sullivan cty and paying 460.oo in delaware cty. now does that tell you how screwed up nys prices are.. i was like dumbfounded if i used a dif cty than the one i was in the dwi was still gonna be on my license so why was it 800.00 cheaper 5 miles a way! some of your home prices are shockers. we have a mixed bag here of everything. sorry but i just had to answer this and it came out too long.

With a DWI you deserve to get porked.

The numbers tossed aroung here are incredible! I am not too far away from Gloucester. I work for $2500 a day to do an average house lot. If it takes two days, $5000.00. I sell the firewood right off the log truck the same day it is cut. I charge $550.00 a load. I cant keep up with the demand.

Back