Arborists' Seminars in Georgia

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mahk

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Vermeer Southeast is presenting two, one-day arborist seminars.

When and Where: Friday, May 16--Marietta, Georgia (north Atlanta)

Saturday, May 17--McDonough, Georgia (south Atlanta)

Sign in: from 7:00 am-7:45 am. Day ends at 4:00 pm

Demonstrations: Personal Protective Equipment
Tree ascension techniques, climbing systems and the latest equipment
Arborist rigging techniques and equipment
Brush chipper and stump cutter safety and maintenance

Speakers: Scott Prophet, Sherrill Arborist Supplies
Mark Adams, Downey Trees, Inc.

Cost: $20.00 registration fee covers all seminars and lunch. Each participant will
receive a $20.00 credit on arborist supplies on the day of the event

Sherrill Arborist Supplies on sale all day

CEU's 6.5 CEU's will be awarded for each day.

To register, call: 770-973-8811 for the Friday seminar in Marietta
678-583-0199 for the Saturday seminar in McDonough

If you have any questions, please call one of the numbers listed above, post a reply here or send an email to me.

Mahk

First of all is it to late to register? The cost will be $20 for both seminars. Or $20 for each one. If so do you get a $20 dollar credit at the end of both? Let me know. I'd be interested in attending. Also is the registration fee differenent for ISA certified arborist and non ISA certified arborist? The total credits would be 13CEU's? Do both days cover the same thing or does each day cover different things.
Thanks, BB

Re: Reply

Originally posted by Froggy

First of all is it to late to register?

No, but they would lke to get a head count as soon as possible. I should have posted this sooner.

The cost will be $20 for both seminars. Or $20 for each one.

The cost is $20.00 for each one day seminar.

If so do you get a $20 dollar credit at the end of both?

If you register for both days then you would get a credit for both days. Note that the credit is good the day of the event. They would probably let you combine the two days towards one purchase, but they would not let you carry the credit past that weekend.

Also is the registration fee differenent for ISA certified arborist and non ISA certified arborist?

The cost is the same, whether you are certified or not.

The total credits would be 13CEU's?

If you attend both days, you will receive 13 CEU's.

Do both days cover the same thing or does each day cover different things.

They will probably cover the same or similar topics, but if there are a number of people who are going to attend both days, then we will vary the content.

If you have any more questions let me know. Hope to see you there!

Mahk

The McDonough Location

My boss called today and signed two of us up for the McDonough (South Atl.) seminar and the guy at Vermeer told him it is in limbo due to the lack of interest. Only 9 signed up so far. (Wouldn't you know it, this location is only 15 miles from my home):( If anybody reading is from the Atlanta area, especially South side, give 'em a call@678-583-0199. This area has spawned alotta quality climbers and I have to say I figured there would've been a packed house there next Sat. Oh well, looks like I'll be driving to Marietta for the Fri. seminar and miss a day's pay.

Man that sucks!! I can only make the McDonough one on Saturday. Being that it's close to a 6 hour drive. Hope interest picks up. Let me know please. Other wise I'll have to leave Thursday night and arrive late that night. Can you give the exact location of both. If they both are still going on? Thanks,BB

See it's a six hour drive for me. I'd have to leave Thursday after work and then get a little shut eye before 7am. So I'd rather go Suturday. Ya Know? Well let me know soon about Saturday. Other wise I'll have to sign up for Friday. Man that's going to be a heck of a drive. Anyone else comming from North Carolina?
Thanks,BB

McDonough Location

Froggy I'm calling the McDonough Vermeer location tomorrow, hopefully they have met, or are close to meeting the minimum sign-up number. I will let you know ASAP. You must be highly motivated to be driving six hours to come to the seminar....cool! Hope to see you there.

You've got to get them while you can. Experiance is worth all the time to get there and learn. Thanks JB. Hope to see ya there also.
BB:p

McDonough location

UPDATE: The McDonough Seminar is a go! Oh...and don't forget to call and let 'em know you're coming and sign-up is between 7:00 and 7:45.

Sweet!! I'll be there Saturday. I'll give them a call Monday the 12th. Any update on the exact location? Thanks,BB

Froggy... GA Bound

The address to the Vermeer seminar is: 305 Racetrack McDonough GA 30252 in case you want to get driving directions online. As long as you can get to I-75 from NC and head south you can't miss it. If you need any help, or have more questions don't hesitate to get back in touch. By the way Froggy...what part of NC are you from. I lived there for awhile and was just curious.

Latest posts

Back