ArborSite focus

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck Slaughter

Reaction score
Hi -- I just happened on this site, looks very interesting. Is the focus national, or primarily NE or SE? I'm in PNW -- while a "college-educated" forester, I haven't laid out a sale in many years. However, I'm just now getting into a personal salvage operation on our 200+ acres of mixed P-pine, Douglas-fir and white fir in southeastern Washington -- the Columbia County Complex fire ran through it last week. (Lost a pole shed, two pickups, three Skidoos and a bunch of tools.) While I'll probably contract with a reputable logger (long-time acquaintance, trained by my father), I might try to pull some out myself.

Has anyone seen for sale one of the old (1960's) Garrett Tree Farmer small skidders? There were two for sale in northern Oregon a couple of years ago, but I wasn't particularly interested then. They are small enough that I could move them with my pickup and 12,000#gvw trailer, but would handle single logs of anything I might have. Just day-dreaming, but that small machine might be inexpensive enough to have for a toy and still get some good out of. Thanks - Chuck

G'day Chuck

This forum goes global but I'm an urban arbo in oz so not much help to ya. It's focus is to get blokes like you and me talking trees and saws etc .... plenty of good info here.

Try the search button to, lots of old threads with good info.

Your post is your 1st, welcome.

You posted at a wierd time compared to most yanks, I generally find when I'm on the board there's rarely anyone around, we got about a 16 hour time difference.

Catch you around.

PNW and scope...

Some of us are here in the PNW. Some people here are amatures, and some are prefessional, others like me are someplace between. I joined this group after finding that the Mother Earth News forum is more for suburbian amateur types. Many here are planting or growing trees, thinning and pruning, harvesting, sawing, milling, and wood burning.

Some like me are small woodland owners/managers. We have 105 acres here, 80 acres are in trees and the rest in pastures. This place has been harvested 4 different ways over the past 140 years or so. The last cut sadly was high-graded/select cut about 20 years ago after the previous owner was forced to pay for medical bills having had a heart attack... :cry:

Anyway, welcome aboard! I am sure that you can answer many questions posted my many of us here... :popcorn:

Latest posts

Back