ArborWare "tech" pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frans

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just got a couple of pairs of these new pants.
I really like them, light weight, strong, and fit good enough to climb in.
It has been in the hundreds around here lately so these pants are good to wear with this kind of heat. Seems like they would work well in the rain also because they wont hold water and dry quickly.
Frans

nick didn't you see these in pittsburgh? they are nylon. I love the pockets on the sides, great for camera, phone, whatnot. Very light, great for hot weather. their canvas ones would be winter only down here.

I stopped wearing "dungerees" some time ago for working
They hold water (sweat) and cling to my legs which inhibit me from moving my legs.
I too wear the Ben Davis pants but always hated the goofy huge legs on them.
The tech pants are tailered with tapered legs so dont have alot of fabric flapping around but dont grab your legs either
I'll be picking up a few more soon. the cost is alright if you realize you get what you pay for and dont have the Walmart mentality.
The money for Arbor Wear goes to local folks who operate on a very small profit margin.
By the way did you know it costs around
$$10,000.00 $$$ to have a booth at any of the shows?
Frans

Originally posted by rumination
Ouch! For that price I'll stick with the $5 blue jeans I get at the thrift store.

Yea, I remember seeing those pants. They look like they just might work. Butt, not at $80 a pair. Their freaking workpants , fer chrissakes!!! :dizzy:

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Unless, it wuz a promo shot, wid compensation.
We've all seen your photo dossier. :alien:

No one would offer you $$$$ to model legwear, unless their mind was rendered blunt by too many blunts. :dizzy: :confused: :Monkey:

Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful!
nono.gif

Pants not MasterBlaster's legs

Yes, I saw those pants. And I am from Wisconsin, and I am named Nick. But I can't splice like the other Nick. :)

I'd buy a pair if I wasn't already short for my tuition bill, due in 4 days and 30 minutes. Now I'm wearing a $30 pair of ArborWear and really enjoying them. I'll probably buy another 3 pairs so I don't have to wash for 2 weeks. Right now, I've got about 8 pairs of ArborWear pants in varying sizes and styles and colors. :)

Like Frans said, the company is like our company, small and friendly....just the kind that I would want to support.

do you guys wear cut proof pants???i dont walk out the door with out them,and the padding saves a few bruises

You should. But if you're in the tree, you don't have to wear them. And if you're on the ground, you're probably not spending much time with a chainsaw. Me, for example....I used a chainsaw on the ground for about 3 minutes today.

Most chaps/saw pants are the kind that you snap on over what you're already wearing. Unless it's cold and you like the insulation all the time, in which case you can get the pants with built in protection. I would wear mine more often but the elastic waistband is about 3" shy of my 33" waist and 4" shy of my 34" inseam. :rolleyes:

no excuse not to wear them nick,theyve only got to save you once,even get some chaps sewn inside your work pants.i witnessed a bad cut it wasnt much fun.:(

That wasn't my point, though. I meant that buying and wearing the snap-over chaps is a good idea since you're only wearing them for a couple minutes a day.

chain saw cut resitant pants

I have heard alot of talk about wearing chaps or saw pants over the years.
I know big companies require the use of them, logging companies require the guys working the landing bumping knots to wear them.
For me they are way to bulky and heavy to wear at all. The thought of wearing them in a tree is silly.
As for working the ground they slow me down to the point of being dangerous.
The fear factor many people talk about "better to be safe then horrribly cut" I think applies to inexperianced, incompetant, injury prone workers.
There is an entire industry of folks who have gone for years without using these pants. The fear mongers deal with this reality by simply ignoring it as if it was not a reality. I would bet that the majority of injuries happen to the folks i mentioned above and not to the core of working professionals.
It is like this new safety standard of not using a saw one handed. I cannot conceive of only using my 020T with both hands in the tree.
So to summerize 'aussie_lopa' I object to the practice of your "fear mongering"

If it works for you then go for it. It is so easy to run around like henny penny shouting the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

It might be more productive to really apply yourself and attempt to become a better tree (man?) and not seek out potential 'what might happen' senarios.

For me wearing chaps is not an option for 90% of what I do- which is work trees, climbing and dragging brush, stuffing my chipper 5-6 days a week
Maybe I should wear my chaps while doing my bidding? Would that make me look more professional?
Frans

Originally posted by Nickrosis
That wasn't my point, though. I meant that buying and wearing the snap-over chaps is a good idea since you're only wearing them for a couple minutes a day.

couple of minutes a day?
sheeesh you should try working for a living:)

Latest posts

Back