Are all chains created equal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. I am really surprised that this is not common knowledge here at AS. Only a few seem to know or let on for some reason. :( :confused:

Do tell..... maybe others have heard the same.

A Vernier scale is a type of Caliper or Micrometer used in engineering to measure precise tolerances, thicknesses, diameters, etc.

Johnsereds 2095;

I guess we do appear to be a bit stunned but have patience; in the meantime why dont you break out some greenies and buy one each of all the chains in question and put that vernier to work. Get a precision angle finder too and check the degrees of slope on side and top plate of the various chains; you will find they are not all the same and that does have implications for various applications. Photos would be nice too as some of us are visual learners. Perhaps you could do it up on a spreadsheet so it woud be easy to cross reference. Cut times both cross cutting and ripping would be a nice touch to add. I am sure it could be made into a nice little project!

Back