Are flippy caps prone to leaking?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I haven't had this problem with my MS 260 or the MS 362 so far. But those darn caps are sometimes a problem -- when they fall apart. :)

Nosmo

Ask me in a few years when it breaks and it takes a week to replace, and I will use it as an argument as to why I need a backup saw that doesn;t have a flippy cap (and that's maybe a good thing about flippy caps). But, up to now, no problems, though I do have to reintroduce myself to the learning curve every now and then.

Never a problem here either however I sstill don't see any improvement over a screw on.

Harry K

OTOH, with my 35cc "Mac" (Jenn Feng) and 40cc RedMax (partly cloned from the Jenn Feng) the plain-old screw on caps have never leaked a drop of anything, ever. Nor have the saws, period. This whole caps thing is such a non-starter IMHO. Life is too short.

Flippy caps are great, tighten it then check it.
If it leaks check the O-ring is clean and undamaged - same as screw caps really but quicker and easier, love em

Sent from my GT-I9210T

I have never had a problem with the caps. They do collect dirt and particles. I keep a brush with me to clean before removing and clean after the cap is off. This cap system makes it easy for dirt to contaminate the oil n gas.

Latest posts

Back