are my 3 saws up for 30 plus cord of fire wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
ive realized as i keep getn firewood buyers that im going to be busy. im now lookin at getn 30 plus cord as soon as i can get on mtn, maybe 2 months off. my woods at 9000ft. also has me wonderin about fixed H on the 026.

ive also been doing tree a job here and there and my 359 is running good but i need to get the cylinder cleaned up before i run it any more. itl be tore down here shortly and sitn on the sidelines while the 026 and 310 do the tree jobs. i want it tip top for fireoowd time and wont risk burning it up over bur on my exhaust port. wich was my bad to begin with

so the real question, the 359 will be fixed and running the strongest come firewood time. itl be running both a stihl RSF full skip as well as a RSC. both 24" chains. i also have a 20" and rsc that will bwe mounted when aproriat sized trees are cut. and oregon full skip chisel chain

310 is running 25" bar. and can run the same chain aswell has haveing a windsor semi chisel full skip.

026 has an 18" bar RSF full skip(soon to be replaced with rsc)

both the 026 and 310 are muffler modded while the 359 that i ported completly blows them away.

are these saws enough saws for 30 cord. im hopeing they are. i will be tacklineg probly 24" maybe a hair bigger trees at the largest. i say that now till i see that great lookin fire wood tree thats 3 foot at the base.

i do want one more saw a 460 372 0r (066 660, maybe 650) but its looking like that wont happen till after i start filling firewood orders.

as side thought im wondering if im up for 4-8 cord per weekend for quite few weekends in a row. then some will get split. so maybe ill be the limiting factory not my saws.

im seeing the 359 as a killer firewood saw and im sure will see the most use unless the dreaded happens and i burn it up and have to resort to 357 top end.

anyways im just thinking outloud now.

thanks for all the help from everyone on this site.

thanks

Evan

I'd want a 194 on that 026. 9K elevation and a ported muffler may have that bad boy too fast. At least get it tached.

The 359 and 310 should not have a problem with 30 cords, the 026 either if it's getting enough fuel.

I'd still have it tached and check the plug, cheaper than a new p&c.

Good point. Muff mod makes it lean, altitude makes it rich, which one has more effect? Put a tach on it and maybe you'll have an idea.
Problem is, the best way to tune a modded saw is timed cuts at different carb settings. Can't do that with a fixed main jet.

No problem

I wouldnt worry one tiny second about you saws handling 30+ a yr!! In fact I wouldnt be afraid to take your 359 and 026 and cut 30+ a yr. You have good saws take care of them good and dont worry about it! Or on the other hand you could do like I do and tell your wife your saws suck and you have to have some new ones to handle the load!! LOL

026 is running a tad on the rich side at 3200ft. it bluber more at 9k, wich isnt a horrible thing just wish i could adjust it out. yeah the 026 will have to have carb swap before then

thanks for the replies.

310 will sideline most of the time its back up spare saw.

Evan

wife thinks the company buying my saws, little does she no theres one company saw, the 310 and my two toys the 359 and 026.

yeah bigger is better ill tell her mine are just to small lol

I'd be more concerned with the log splitter and the hauling of the wood. Should be able to easily cut a cord per hour once the trees are on the ground. It is the hauling and splitting that take the time and effort when it comes to firewood.

so fr i havent found anyone wantin it split,

but i am scrounging steel to build log splitter on my skidsteer hydralics. i got big honkin i beam to build on, now need ram valvle and hoses.

ill be hauln max of 5 cord at time on 20 foot trailer and dodge dualy. im registerd and legal to 34000 gross weight

so fr i havent found anyone wantin it split,

but i am scrounging steel to build log splitter on my skidsteer hydralics. i got big honkin i beam to build on, now need ram valvle and hoses.

ill be hauln max of 5 cord at time on 20 foot trailer and dodge dualy. im registerd and legal to 34000 gross weight

If it would fit in with your plans, you might scrounge an old ear corn elevator and put a hydraulic motor on it, to load the trailer.

This would save your back a little (lot).

I can cut enough blocks of wood with my stock 359 in a couple of hours to split for a long time.

Latest posts

Back