Are there any left- handed arborists out there???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

View attachment 259250

What's on top of that saw, a 90cc ATV seat? lol

I'm left handed. I use my left hand to run the throttle with the guy I cut with laughs and says I look awkward, but that's just the way I have learned to run a saw. It will come in time I've tried running a saw right handed with out much luck so just get comfortable and let 'er rip

I'm predominately lefty, but actually ambidexterious, (really)

luck,greg

i always thought your typing looked a bit off.

im a righty,but ,i golf left ,swing a bat left, and (used to) skateboard left(goofy foot it was called).

also on an alsakan mill set-up techniquly we are sawing lefty.

I am left-handed and have never had a problem with running 'right-handed' saws... I'm no arborist though, just your average firewood hack :rolleyes2:

Being left handed, I find top handle saws the worst to use if one uses the throttle handle with the left hand. That's why I buy rear handle saws. Another down side of using the saw on the left side of the body is exhaust heat and gasses cooking your leg and stinking up your clothing. I've tried using the saw with the right hand on the throttle and it just doesn't feel right (read safe).

One of the best avatars

What's on top of that saw, a 90cc ATV seat? lol

I wish I knew how to put that quote in my sig.

luck,greg

"One of the best avatars"

Thanks Greg.

You know how it is. When you've got something as sweet as that at home, you like to show her off right?

You ought to see her with nothing on but an apron wielding a 12" butcher knife.

Shiver me freaking timbers!!!!!!!

"One of the best avatars"

Thanks Greg.

You know how it is. When you've got something as sweet as that at home, you like to show her off right?

You ought to see her with nothing on but an apron wielding a 12" butcher knife.

Shiver me freaking timbers!!!!!!!

I have (2) questions:

1. - Do you actually live with her?

2.- Do you generally sit in the corner with your back to the wall (if you two do dress-up?)

If "yes" to either of these:

I hate you (in the very best sense)

luck,greg

When she's not trying to murder me, she's a darned good cook!

However, with her unpredictable "mood swings", dinner's always a bit hurried for me. I got to eat like a dog. Corner seats are a must.

i'm a lefty i just wish full wraps were available for the 50-60cc saws i have.
since i use them the most.

I'm a lefty too but can do most anything with my right. Except write and throw. So I guess that makes me pretty much ambidextrous. As far as saws. I've never had a problem. I picked one up and got after it. Like others said it might take u a bit to get used to it. I only use it left handed if I have no other options. I don't like the way it feels. Or standing right next to a chain traveling a a very high speed.

I can throw things with my right hand...........just not very accurately:msp_scared:

I can barely write legible with my right hand.

I think if I were to use a left handed chainsaw it would throw me off as I see no issue using current style.

I am a lefty as well and I run my saws as a lefty with left on the trigger and the right on the wrap handle. It is a little dangerous but I am getting better at the other way too. Just keep the saw away from your body and legs and arms and feet ect. And wear chaps and gloves and ear plugs and safety shades and so on.
Nick.

I write with my left
Throw a ball with my right
Hammer with my left (most of the time, but I change up from time to time)
Shoot rifles as a righty
Pistols, it depends on the gun, but for many I'm ambidextrous
Chainsaws and circular saws, I don't have a preference.

I'm predominately lefty, but actually ambidexterious, (really)

I am also. Its nice being able to use both hands for anything. When i was a little kid my grandmother would tie my left hand to my waist saying there never was any left handed kids in the family and i wasn't going to be one either. Well it didn't work and it turns out most of my cousins are leftys...Bob

I got treated to the no left hand thing in kindergarten, my fingers got taped together. I ended up mostly right handed and a bit dyslexic. I use either hand for most things, but I always lead with the left.

I'm left handed, but run saws right handed. You may just have to try to get used to it. They are designed for right handed use, and I've found that trying to use them LH is a bit dangerous.

Try doing some bucking for awhile, so that you get used to handling the saw that way.

Back