Are we weird?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abohac

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've got to question myself (actually my wife does most of it), I think I along with a bunch of you guys are a little weird. Did you ever think that you would be looking on a website that was pretty much dedicated to cutting wood and chainsaws and other firewood or logging stuff (at least that's what I look for)? I feel a little more at ease knowing that there are other weirdo's out there looking at piles of wood and making a comment (like nice wood). Gotta admit, we ain't right! Anyway I have two son's going to two different universitys and soaking my wallet dry and they came home this weekend. I finally had someone who could show me how to post pictures (I did it once before but forgot how).

Anyway knowing there are other quacks out there that like to look at pictures of wood and wood equipment, I thought I'd show the stuff I use and my wood pile (saw some posts earlier about showing a TW6 and this years pile)

Hope anyone who likes this stuff enjoys (all except the one guy who gave me the negative rep for for cracking a joke - he truly is a quack).

HA! I was thinking the same thing this evening! I just got my wood stacked and was sitting there admiring it. I wanted to call all my buddies over to show them, but then I realized they wouldnt really care!

Most people just dont have what it takes to appreciate the true beauty of a winters supply of firewood.:clap:

Looks like Ottawa county!

Thats a sh!t-ton of wood!

Where your boys goin to school at?

One is studying International Business at Western Michigan and the other is in Criminal Justice at Ferris State (and dad and mom are broke)

Yup, we're a straaaaange lot. But oh well, it's a harmless pastime.

Nice pictures, by the way. Looks like quite the operation you've got going!

Gotta tell ya, I'm more proud of the fact that I could post a darned picture. However half of them said the remote file was too big. Now I have another challenge. Try to "downsize" the file (whatever the heck that means).

i got a buddy who can appreciate a big pile of woood but he dosent get the chainsaw thing like i do. this site is a place of comfort for me as most people think im a little off when i tell them i cut wood for fun lol. it started out as a heating thing and well it still is but i do enjoy it.

I like your wood. I asked my son earlier today if he wanted to go down and see my wood. He said no and that he had already looked at it. I just don't understand him sometimes.

HA! I was thinking the same thing this evening! I just got my wood stacked and was sitting there admiring it. I wanted to call all my buddies over to show them, but then I realized they wouldnt really care!

Most people just dont have what it takes to appreciate the true beauty of a winters supply of firewood.:clap:

I think that you should really pay more attention to your spelling. It should be spelled like this "but then I realized they WOODN'T really care!" :D

when my buddy came over last he broyght his girlfriend who i never met before that. one of the first things i said to her was ets go see my woodpile. she just smiled and said it was nice but i could tell she was diggin it lol.

Are we weird?? I suppose to some we are. I work with four other guys at at the station...2 of them are my partners in firewood. The other 2 are...well..firewood challenged. When the 3 of us are talking about chainsaws, new log splitters, or how big that last load of Oak was--they get that glazed "Stepford Wives look" and politely nod.

On the other hand Mike, Bob and I can talk firewood for hours. We admire a fine looking wood pile and are always looking for tools & methods to improve our production. We also know that firewood is saving each of us a significant amount of money in our annual heating bills. Fortunately our spouses understand that as well.

So--am I weird because I hang out on AS and soak up everything that you guys have to say?? Nah..after all I'm among friends! We all appreciate the same things..free hardwood, (several) big chainsaws, and nice neat stacks of cut & split firewood just waiting for the start of the next heating season.

If the rest of the world thinks I'm weird...so be it. I really don't care what they think. Maybe someday they'll be lucky enough to know what we have already figured out. Until then keep the pictures, questions and comments coming. BTW great pics Abohac--nice backhoe!

Hey, did I tell you guys that we're picking up about 2 more cord of Oak tomorrow........? :)

My buddy's Nitro and Couger Hunter were over last night, we had to take spotlights to the woodlot and fire up every saw I own in the shed, until we were high on 2-stroke smoke. Then I put on a climbing expo for Couger Hunter who had never seen it, then stories were told and beer was drank throughout. Motorcycles also came into play.

Nitro tells me he was on his way home from the bar in his squad car the other night when he spots some down timber in the road, well he grabs his 372 out the trunk and takes care of business. I sure appreciate having friends that appreciate what I'm into, even though they aren't near as hard core 24/7, but they aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.

Women just wouldn't understand.

Nice pics Abohac, like the country, been there.

Last edited:
If being weird means that I am self reliant for my own heat in the winter and am in better shape than most men I know, OK. And if it means I havent gotten away from my pioneer roots then I am weird. I can't think of one guy I know that runs a saw regularly that is always calling on someone else to do stuff for him.

It keeps me out of trouble, it isn't unhealthy and I can kick the habit anytime I want to. I choose to heat by fire. I choose to teach my kids this also and let them decide when it is their choice.

If being weird means that I am self reliant for my own heat in the winter and am in better shape than most men I know, OK. And if it means I havent gotten away from my pioneer roots then I am weird. I can't think of one guy I know that runs a saw regularly that is always calling on someone else to do stuff for him.

It keeps me out of trouble, it isn't unhealthy and I can kick the habit anytime I want to. I choose to heat by fire. I choose to teach my kids this also and let them decide when it is their choice.

I'm kinda weird also.

Latest posts

Back