Are You A Husky/Chevy guy....or Stihl/Ford Guy ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does what brand of vehicle you drive determine what saw brand you like ?

• Total voters
F

fuzz1500

Hi guys ! Just was thinkin about something today . I have had several friends over the years that were Ford lovers..that were also Stihl lovers as well . And I have also had many friends that are Chevy guys...that are also Husqvarna guys ! I have never seen any variation but these...though Im sure there are..just not seen by my eyes in my neck of the woods !! So my question......what variation suits your taste the best ????? Im sure this will be controversial.....but Im honestly just wanting to know as a curiosity . Have fun !!

I'm a Stihl Chevy guy. I actually have a Titan, but if I had to buy a new truck, it'd be a Duramax.

Husky Ford not to brand conscious just sos' it works, most of the new p/u in the woods around here are Toyota Tundras from Texas. 'course most of our logs go to China.

I actually do enjoy the stihl/husky bickering threads, and have missed them for much of the past year. When I first joined, there was lots of spirited debate, and mostly everybody (except troll and sunfish) agreed that Stihl saws were the best. Then for about a year the tide turned a bit. Most guys thought the 550 was better than the 261, the 562 seemed to get more love than the 362, the 441 kinda meh, the 461 seemed well received, but there's no husky in that size anyway, and the 390 seemed to be gaining ground on the 660. I really didn't think the bickering would be back until the 572 and 590 showed up, but I'm guessing the "auto tune never works, m-tronic never fails" sentiment has brought it back faster. For the record, I have no interest in any of the new Huskies or Stihls. The Stihl saws I want are outside my saw budget, and the Huskies I wanted are (sort of) in my garage, cause they were inside my saw budget.

I find Fords to be "tighter", but I own two chevy's and a toyota, just because.

I have husky chevy stihl and ford...I use the husky and chevy the most, my wife drives the f150...I love the duramax drivetrain but the rest of it breaks too much...the ford is the same year and never breaks

I have husky chevy stihl and ford...I use the husky and chevy the most, my wife drives the f150...I love the duramax drivetrain but the rest of it breaks too much...the ford is the same year and never breaks
That's my experience with Ford. Not sure why I'm driving a Dodge now? But it's been a very good truck! 02 4wd crew Dakota bought 5 years ago.

Latest posts

Back