Are You A Husky/Chevy guy....or Stihl/Ford Guy ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does what brand of vehicle you drive determine what saw brand you like ?

• Total voters
Chevy pickups back in the 1960's. Datsun pickup 1972 drove it 21 years. Nissan pickup 1993 still driving it - it will be 21 years in February. Mc Cullough saws back in the early days. Stihl for the last 11 years. Only bad thing I don't like those toolless caps.

Oh, and just to be clear the ford garden tractors were made by Jacobsen so there is nothing ford but the name on it, haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I damn sure the ford garden tractor was made by the Gilson corp. My parents worked at the factory in Plymouth wi where they were built.

Last edited by a moderator:
Early Ford lawn and garden tractors were manufactured by Jacobsen. Later Gilson and then Toro became the supplier. Ford re-branded its agricultural operations as Ford-New Holland in 1988, and was eventually sold to FIAT in 1991.

Quoted straight from tractordata.com. So I guess we're both right :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Hyundai/Earthquake guy. Just cause there's nothing more embarrassing than not being able to keep up with the guy in the Hyundai. I love it when they ride my azz into the twisties, waiting for the brake lights that never come on - it's fun to watch them wallowing in the other lane or trying to keep it out of the ditch while I'm hitting redline.

Not long ago I had the ported, muffler modded Earthquake out. We were getting a load of tops and scraps for a friend from a guy she does house cleaning for. I don't know him, but he sells firewood and stopped over for a bit while my son and I were loading it. Some of the stuff needed reducing, and I had the saw going - he kept looking at it with disdain, but it was ripping along. I could tell he didn't know what to make of it, and I never said a thing......:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back