Areial lift of connecticut 60/50-5 model

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xmrmadhatter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello fellas, was curious if anyone on here has any experience with the hydrolic system on ALCs lifts. I've recently gambled and bought a truck that didn't run. Buyer stated the lift was the best part. I spent the $ and got her running again. To my surprise the hydrolics are very weak. I changed the fluids aswell as the filter. Pto engages and the outriggers work. But when I go to unfold the boom it struggles to lift. Almost as if the bucket was full of water. I can maybe get it up 6". Any suggestions on what could possibly be causing this? Thanks

I though all ALC lifts were called in to be dismantled when the company closed.

A long time ago.
No, Altec bought them out but they did recently a few weeks ago stop selling parts for them. But briansparts still carries some things.

Check your flow first based on the factory ratings and pressures at the rams. It requires gauges and disconnecting from each ram. Broken old Orings and rubber bits from lines tend to get hung up in valve bodies on hydraulic stuff. They also plug elbows and street 90s.
GL

I believe you misunderstood me. I would never buy a lift without readily available parts and customer support. Will you even be able to get it inspected and certified?
There's a company that inspects them. As far a certification goes altec won't touch them after 20 years. A quick update since it's been awhile since I followed up on this thread. I had a hydrolic shop take a look. Here was my problem. With weak hydrolics I guess you want to start at the hydrolic pump 1st. On the areial lift of connecticuts there's a quick disconnect next to the diverter valve. Connect a high pressure gage there and you should be getting 2500 PSI. Anything much less is a weak pump and it should be rebuild or replaced. Hope this helps anyone who had a similar problem đź‘Ť thanks guys for your suggestions.

I believe you misunderstood me. I would never buy a lift without readily available parts and customer support. Will you even be able to get it inspected and certified?
Do you do any contracting for utilities? Was curious on there requirements for equipment.
Thanks

Back