Arizona Logging Pic Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat-face timber

Knot Bumper
Reaction score
I will be adding alot of pictures to this thread.
The pictures will be of Arizona Logging.
My Dad and some others, myself included.
This First one was in 1985 on a Sale near Mexican Hay Lake

attachment.php

Old Pics.

Circa 1978

attachment.php

attachment.php

Another one of my favorites.
Loader with Low-Boy

attachment.php

Backup Loader
attachment.php

Walking the Backup Loader

attachment.php

C-F Timber, what's the meaning behind your name? In Florida we called pines that had been tapped for turpentine Cat face timber as the stump ends resembled a cat's face due to the scarring. Ron

The reason I use Cat-Face Timber as my handle here on AS is.

The week before my Dad passed away, we went out and got a load of firewood.
He fell a very large Pine Snag, that just happened to be Cat-Faced.
Well if I would have known that, that was the last load of wood that we would have gotten, I sure would have taken some pics.

That load of wood means more to me than you can imagine.
I have been to the exact same place many times and I can still "feel" him there.

That is why I use Cat-Face Timber as my handle here.

Great choice. I think I can understand a little of how you feel about that place. I can go to my grandfather's grave without much feeling but then I turn and look a few feet away over the fence and see his ranch (sadly now a mini-farm subdivision) and his "presence" is overwelming. Thanks for sharing this. Ron

Was it your old man that falled the big sticks???

Cool pics and lots of memories for you I'd guess great ya decided to share

nice looking logs didn't know there was that nice timber there. Learn something new every day.

New Mexico has big timber as well. Up on the plateaus down there, it's scrub desert. In the canyons and valleys however, there's monster timber. I fell some large Ponderosa snags on a fire down there near Los Alamos.

Great pictures of your logging CFT.

Was it your old man that falled the big sticks???

Cool pics and lots of memories for you I'd guess great ya decided to share

No my Dad was the Loaderman.

Thanks, It is important to me that the pics get saved as you can tell from some of them they are deteriating.
I figured they would be good to show here on AS, so others can enjoy them as I do.

Last edited:
Back