Arkansas Oklahoma Missouri GTG.....Who's game?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see you in the mix here,Rope.How about right after gun season?

I have the utmost respect for you hardcore bow hunters....REAL sport there.Alas,I'm just a lowly meat in the pot hunter with the .270 weatherby in hand..........I'm with ya on waiting for the cold bonfire weather,though.

I'm gonna let you guys figure out the best date as I can free up for just about any date with some notice....

My zone (2) is 11/14 through 12/6-seems to get longer every year.

I'll have mine on the 15th if you bow hunters leave any pickins:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Lmao I will be sure to let the old ones go you know the ones you have to use a fork for the gravy:cheers: Do you have or need equipment to set it up? I could possible bring my skid to help push up some logs and bonfire material! I feel we are going to have to grill some meat and by then I will have 3 or 4 deer so could bring some venison and Cajun seasoning and dig a pit may kill a wild hog for that matter but they take a long time to cook underground but are good eating. I am not a big man but I likes to eat.

Map

3768530805_f41c1591b8.jpg

Between Deer and Nail,smack in the middle of the county,and no,I'm not kiddin':biggrinbounce2:

Your about four hours out the big problem and it ain't really a problem is motels are not close if I remember correct. I am sure tents would suffice for most of us, of course I can drive home after. I may want to come early to help set up and stuff though. Is there motels around nails?

Your about four hours out the big problem and it ain't really a problem is motels are not close if I remember correct. I am sure tents would suffice for most of us, of course I can drive home after. I may want to come early to help set up and stuff though. Is there motels around nails?

Motels LMFAO!........but seriously,Jasper is the closest place for those kind of accomodations.I do have a primitive 850 sq. foot hunting cabin out there and there are a couple of other dwellings there that would suffice for some rustica-provided you chased the squirrels and mice out first.The only utilities we have out there are water and landline phone.....You Ouachita boys are used to being closer to things haha.

Also Rope,if you have a hankerin' for some wild and woolly hunting deer,turkey,pig,whatever I can set you up with some shweet spots.:)

Motels LMFAO!........but seriously,Jasper is the closest place for those kind of accomodations.I do have a primitive 850 sq. foot hunting cabin out there and there are a couple of other dwellings there that would suffice for some rustica-provided you chased the squirrels and mice out first.The only utilities we have out there are water and landline phone.....You Ouachita boys are used to being closer to things haha.

Also Rope,if you have a hankerin' for some wild and woolly hunting deer,turkey,pig,whatever I can set you up with some shweet spots.:)

Yeah that ozark mountain range has many good hunting opportunities but now I can show you Ouachita just as woolly so don't go a thinkin we are tenderfoots:hmm3grin2orange:
It does depend on the stage of the gtg if its a family atmosphere accommodations will definitely help for strong turnout. I can sleep under the stars but the wife ya know:Eye:

We gots that BIG game up here hehehe:spam:

attachment.php

Lmao wtf I did not know we had elephant. Anyway is it just going to be the guy's or is this going to be a family event? I am sure tree md , prolly treebot who I have already met,and maybe ozarktreeman, who I worked with, might be convinced to show. KMB chimed in so he may be thinking of showing as well. Could be awesome gtg need to work out all the details!

Rope,I'm open to anything.....family event sounds good to me...accomodations will be in Jasper-about 25 mins. away.

I do have that cabin with wood stove and three beds...if the guys with families would check in,I would give the cabin up to them.

You guys PM me if you want some motel/bed and breakfast/lodge type accomodations.

BTW,the .50 caliber is not mine and I just as soon everyone leave their rifles and pistols at home.Good clean GTG is what I'm after.....I don't want to scare anyone of thinking we got crazy rednecks with big guns.

We could grill up some wild meat of choice too:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Rope,I'm open to anything.....family event sounds good to me...accomodations will be in Jasper-about 25 mins. away.

I do have that cabin with wood stove and three beds...if the guys with families would check in,I would give the cabin up to them.

You guys PM me if you want some motel/bed and breakfast/lodge type accomodations.

BTW,the .50 caliber is not mine and I just as soon everyone leave their rifles and pistols at home.Good clean GTG is what I'm after.....I don't want to scare anyone of thinking we got crazy rednecks with big guns.

We could grill up some wild meat of choice too:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Yeah I agree the idea is a gtg not a keg party or brawl if we have out of state guests they should have a great time, don't want them having worse feelings for Arkansans. I wish deliverance was filmed in freekin San Fransisco where that sorta thing is more likely to occur:laugh:

Just got a pm from a member and I would like to be clear on one point:

All are welcome to this event regardless of race, color, creed, sex,etc..

Intolerance will NOT be tolerated and I would like to dispell the myths of NW Arkansas being the last bastion of racial intolerance.....Good people around here and ALL are welcome.:sucks:

Yeah I agree the idea is a gtg not a keg party or brawl if we have out of state guests they should have a great time, don't want them having worse feelings for Arkansans. I wish deliverance was filmed in freekin San Fransisco where that sorta thing is more likely to occur:laugh:

Uh,Rope I think they filmed that in Georgia if I'm not mistaken....calhoun river or something like that.

That film was just plain ugly and morbid.:spam:

Just got a pm from a member and I would like to be clear on one point:

All are welcome to this event regardless of race, color, creed, sex,etc..

Intolerance will NOT be tolerated and I would like to dispell the myths of NW Arkansas being the last bastion of racial intolerance.....Good people around here and ALL are welcome.:sucks:

That is the only way I would have it. Many that may want to come should not feel uncomfortable because they are a different color. The ozarks are beautiful of course so are the Ouachita's but I like seeing different areas so I'm in. My wife said she's willing to help as am I just need to know what is needed to help you make it a special event. I have a lot of chains I can sharpen and bring equipment etc.

Latest posts

Back