arrogant

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igetbisy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
castella CA. beautiful, w/limited opportunity
if your wife were posting on a forum on washing clothes, and she described how you went about it, how would you expect others to reply? like you weren't competent enough to even give it a try, or like you should be turned in for it, etc. I'm sort of trying to carefully bring attention to a rather touchy acquisition, i guess you could say, so I'm gonna leave it at that and see what happens.

Some people can really make a mess off washing clothes...you know... like putting your oilsoaked pants in with the whites...Not to mention all the disputes about how to hangout clothes...that could be a real quagmire....

It could be an interesting Forum....

Hey we all have to start somewhere.....

Technique

Not to mention whether or not Cheer really does or does not give the whitest whites.

All joking aside there is a lot to learn here, and some people are just a little more enthusiastic about their way of doing it than someone elses. I am working with a new climber this week and I am amazed in the differences in technique, down to something as basic as how to get a chain saw into a tree-everyone wants it done differently, all the methods work, and all the climbers think theirs is the best. Leaving me at times :confused:

I think it the leveal of vitrol and sarcasm is regulated by the approach the asker of questions uses.

If someone says;

i'm 20 years old, been working for a tree company for two days. I want to start my own company, How should I go about it?

I'm hav a 20 inch, 60 foot oak in my yard that I want to take down. Could you walk me through the procedures?

these Q's get shot at.

If you look closely, when a person asks things like;

I've been climbing for a few months, and cant figure out how to do X.

Then people are generouse with their answers

one of the problems is, when you talk to some one face to face there are alot of facial expressions and body language one can read into. when posting on a board like this all we know about a person is what thay post .so alot of the subtle inuendos get lost in the translation. like in some situations it is perfectly alright to tell a friend f__k you. you both laugh and smile. but if that was said in a public forum board it appears to be an attack. so alot of the so called attitude should be taken with a grain of salt. yes there are some trolls that do nothing but look to poke a fight but they get weeded out pretty quickly. 99.9% of the posters here all seem to have good intentions, but some things get lost when written.

But lets think about this a moment, We are not auto mechanics, Short order cooks or Laundry operators We are In the business of climbing and pruning or removing trees. If a laundry operator screwed up a load they would have to pay for the clothes involved. Should we make a simple mistake We could be seriously Hurt or killed or Drop a Heavy piece of wood on someones house or someone. This is also the reason we tend to take the attitude we do i we urged everyone that wondered onto this site to go climb a tree the outcome could be fatal. just my opinion :blob2:

dam it my wife wash's my clothes by beating them on a rock by the river. if you got a better way i'd like to hear about it. those new fangled washer and dryers are just there to take your hard eaned money. detergents? what are you nuts? they just polute our rivers and streams. :D

Wee are the ants as we stand before these mat(c)hstix of the brethren of the largest living organisms to wander our Earth.

Then wee seek to tame, care for, even sometimes wrestle them all the way to the ground, quite diffrent than most 'ordinary' jobs i think. Standing in a giants own grasp, then pitting his/her size and mass agianst it, using its own members to rig it down, so we don't hurt our stuff ( or it either i guess).

Gives me goosebumps!!

Then any move can be our last, someone elses's bankrupt the job or whole bizness, that is a lot on the line (so to speak)!

i can be a sarcastic lil'MFer, try not to be too rough, hope never to be taken too negative, at least when noone is being fed on!

i'd hope the wimmens could trade secrets on balance, loading, stain removal, economical soap sizes, soap brands, operas, retailers, efficient folding patterns, softner, solve the worlds problems, dinner oooooooooops! Anddddddddd, maybe, with a lighter air; unless their ground as flowers (rather than trees!) is challenged by another of their breed; then i'll hyde some place elsewheres!

OK, what is the acqusition? Throw caution to the wind and let us know.

There is a lot more that you're not telling us. Spill the works.

I could guess that you're trying to make a rather obtuse point about the reaction to some of the posts on this forum too. IF so, could you try to make your point more clear?

Tom

Not sure if your asking me about that Tom...........

Of course i figure you've seen enuf of me to figure trees are the giants and wee the small ants that try to wrench ourselves against them! The matchstix/ mathstix weave is poking fun at my own engineering view i seem to all ways and always cast on these thingz.

A lot of this goes to always being smaller than everyone/ thing and admitting to it ie. not trying to be bigger than the tree. i once reflected to JP, around here that seemed to be a key view of mine, by seeking to usher and not force these mammoths as i parade them through like an elephant tender at a circus, realizing i can be crushed at any time, but can usher great magic lightly with a planned order. Wrestling nose of the beast to the ground (removal) i guess would be more of a bull wrestling imagery of what it takes to perform our tasks.

i truly, see wimmens as flowers casting thier bright happy colors, form , scent and other callings out across the meadows. That in some ways guys might be challenged/ face off on each other with size and aggression challenges, flowers tend to save that for challenges from another of their kind in their own domains of beauty and nesting.

Of course, i'm so twisted i might see an untrimmed tree as a male thing, growing this way and that, dead limbs, belching and farting wherever etc.; and might try to draw out a more gracefull, majestic ballet of complimenting the landscape rather than obscuring it, lifting her skirt some to show clean, flowing branching etc.; more female attributes.

For i truly beleive that sometimes more than not taking that half light starved sucker, sometimes the best thing that a tree can do for its own health as well as its own brethren is to please it's stewards eye and senses. Though with the concerns you have championed, everything in ballanced moderation!

Other things reflect on unrest around here in the past, and that i do kid around a lot (on other subjects)

Latest posts

Back