Ash for smoking?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t, but just looked it up and it says works best for fish and red meat, has a light and distinctive flavor.
If you do a google search on wood to smoke with it lists dang near everything and tells you how strong it is. To me hickory and mesquite is a little to strong and oak is about right for how I smoke.

I have used ash . It's best with lighter meats as said it's a light smoke flavor. Oak is also on the lighter side. I mix the wood to smoke some oak or ash with cherry apple or hickory
20200525_141536.jpg

I bet it would be good. And that’s a good one!! Should make several meals out of that.

I was told that any tree that produces berries are better for fish and trees with nuts are better for meats. I have used ash in my charcoal for grilling and I recall it being strong.

I was told that any tree that produces berries are better for fish and trees with nuts are better for meats. I have used ash in my charcoal for grilling and I recall it being strong.
Usually if the taste is in the strong side you didn’t let the wood burn down to coals . You end up with creosote on the meat the smoke is hitting a cool piece of meat and condensing .

Latest posts

Back